Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
You gents put me to shame...Casual wear today, considering the heat. '60s Sears sport shirt and contemporary straw fedora.

Photoon2012-07-14at1057.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Don't let the students see you in that, they won't be afraid of you any more! Maybe you can dig up the skull you were holding in an earlier photo! :D:D:D:D:D

Ha! No chance - even if they weren't currently out of season, they'd never be in the building on a Sunday afternoon. ;)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Sharp, everyone. No pictures, but today I wore something what I would consider not unlike the casual attire Daniel Craig sported in the recent James Bond movies (jeans, deck shoes, navy polo shirt, and same crew cut haircut), and I wore an Open Road and a vintage McGregor jacket for a while too. I'm not as dressy as many of you are, but I understand it. I would say my own style is a mish-mash of some older vintage elements (hats, jacket/coat), the more casual attire of the various James Bonds, a little bit of the Indy/adventurer look, and modern. I find myself embracing the 1960s mod look as well, although I'm not quite there yet. I think I'll get some Clark's Desert Boots and maybe a Harrington jacket at some point.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Harringtons are great jackets for wearing about. I have a bunch, of varying labels and qualities, including navy, black, PoW check, sky blue, and bright red. Very flexible style for many periods - perhaps unsurprising, as Baracuta introduced the original G9 in 1937, and they've been popular ever since. Mine most often get used as an alternative to leather at this time of year (though the weather being what it has been in 2012, I've actually yet to stop wearing my leathers for the Summer). Yesterday I had a day off, and only dressed to go down to a friend's DJ night in Walthamstow. The gimmick is that she plays not her own records, but those brought along by punters. In the bag over my shoulder are LPs by the Sex Pistols, Link Wray, Chuck Berry, Frank Sinatra, Stiff Little Fingers and Marlene Dietrich. Music smells better on vinyl.

IMG_20120716_195337.jpg
IMG_20120716_195349.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Not today, but recently.
SAM_2048.jpg

Nice! What's the hat? Great colours - I love earthtones. Probably because they don't seem to have been so "in" during the last couple of decades, they often seem somehow "more vintage" to my eye, if that makes sense.

Recent photo from the Monterey Highland Games where the weather was wonderfully cool and overcast so a proper daywear outfit was just the ticket

555874_498423340173271_1955706291_n.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

Always nice to see highland wear, especially when it's daywear like this. Not that I don't like the eveningwear, but you just don't see enough of this sort of thing amid a sea of evening alternatives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner