Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'40s Suit Went for a Song

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
That's a song? I haven't spent that much on a single 40's suit... It helps if the listing is lousy with only a few pictures. Two of them I got for $40. One of those had holes in all of the pockets and some wear, the other had the tiniest hole in the back and that's all. The last one I got was the black one in my avatar, but it wasn't that much cheaper than this one.

And I am pretty sure they are 40's suits too, the cheaper two have skeleton lining and rather roomy pants, while the black one is fully lined, but just seems so 40's to me.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Man, $79 bucks is a song! I remember even in the 90's when I started to collect, finding a suit in my size for less then $100. was a SCORE! I haven't found a suit for less then a 100 in some time!

Ah, Herringbone... every man should have at least one DB suit in his closet! Variety my good man, Variety!!!

Man, if that were my size, I would have bid $300. on it!

Tisk Tisk!

=WR==

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Wild Root said:
Ah, Herringbone... every man should have at least one DB suit in his closet! Variety my good man, Variety!!!

i know, but i'm still to be converted.

i'm waiting for an early 30s mid-brown belt-back turquoise window-pane to convert me. ;)

Wild Root

Gone Home
Man, just buy one and try it out... if you really don't like the look that much, you can always sell it... maybe for more then you bought it! ;)

It's my favorite style so, maybe I'm bias but, for me, there's nothing that says 1930's or 40's then a nice classic DB suit!

=WR=

I was watching it. The measurements are pretty much perfect 35S. I have curtailed my spending quite drastically. Unless it's under $50, if it's not three piece, and probably single breasted (i need to build up the number of SBs in my closet) i won't bid these days. Add to that that the bold, high contrast pin/chalk stripe is not at all my cup of tea, and that suit stayed on the shelf, as it were.

bk

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
yeah it is a bit bold.
i see old fujiyamacharoll won it. some japanese cat about the same size as me. i've gone head to head with him a few times. i think he was after the mid grey belt-back i bought off Marc. he didn't get it. maybe he's Hideki Okisaka by another name ?

fujiyamacharoll, yeah i've sparred with him a couple of times. He usually wins. Meagre graduate student salary gives me little spending power. All marf and no wallet. He must have some wardrobe, given the things i've seen him win.

Funnily enough the one thing i did outbid him on was that beltback DB tweed knickerbocker suit. He's beatable on the beltbacks, at least!

bk

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
That suit never turned up in any of my searches! I don't think it would have fit me anyway. But I do like the bold stripes!
Though almost all my suits are striped. So I am looking for more solids. Specifiaclly a solid black.

Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn