Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 horsehide from qmi.be

tomtom42

New in Town
Hi everybody,

when robrinay asked about this jacket I took a look at it and decided to order one - I have been looking for a moderately priced a-2 for some time.

I got it last monday and tried to do some pics for your entertainement:)

First some I took today in natural light that show the color :

Jacket:

b7528tgg.jpg

Details of the collar:

hm8k5l97.jpg

dmy2kczf.jpg

Cuffs and waistband:

tpmehjwy.jpg

i9ybypy2.jpg

The following are shot with artificial lighting, so the color of the jacket is somewhat off...

Label:

6crqebm9.jpg

And finally some fit pics:

72niudcz.jpg

vmsbla7s.jpg

gmcwup6m.jpg

So I guess there surely are better made and more accurate A-2s, but I liked it enough to not send it back.

br,
T°M

Last edited:

robrinay

One Too Many
Thanks Tom -it looks much better than a number of more expensive A2s I've seen. It will be interesting to see it in a year or so when it's been broken in.

Peacoat

Bartender
Looks good to me. What is the hide? It is already starting to grain out a bit.

It is probably too cold in Austria to wear it much right now, but it might work with a sweater underneath. The jacket needs to be worn, and worn hard to get it broken in.

tomtom42

New in Town
Hi Peacoat,

today it was warm enough - but we have snow coming in from west now...
According to the seller's description the jacket is made from horsehide, but as others have written before:
without a DNA test you never can be sure :)

br,
T°M

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Looks good to me. What is the hide? It is already starting to grain out a bit.

It is probably too cold in Austria to wear it much right now, but it might work with a sweater underneath. The jacket needs to be worn, and worn hard to get it broken in.

+1. Like Peacoat says, it needs to have the heck worn out of it and that's the fun part.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Mmmm not bad looking jacket, esp for the price! Nice colour. They say its based off an original pattern.... I wonder... Monarch???

mihai

A-List Customer
Very nice jacket! Congratulations!

Based on the pictures and the size charts on their web-sites I think they are a bit oversized. I mean the size 38 is like 40 in Aero.
They have also an interesting B-10 jacket.
I live 300 km away from them so maybe I'll pay them a visit. Being able to try clothing on is priceless.

Daniel Petterzon

New in Town
Compared to a Cooper they look undersized. Their 48 has the same measurements as my 46 Cooper (arms and lenght).
On the other hand my Cooper could be really of as the left arm is allmost 1/2 inch longer than the right arm. :)

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Great looking A-2. Looks as good as any I've seen around here! It looks similar to my Alpha A-2, even the lining and the coat hook are identical. Was it made in Pakistan? Of course, the Alpha is goatskin, and darker in color...very dark brown.

Last edited:

tomtom42

New in Town
Was it made in Pakistan?

I have no idea where these are made - totally possible Pakistan (or China / Sierra Leone / everywhere else where there is cheap labor...)
I am quite sure these are not made in USA or EU although I cannot prove this either :=)

So far the jacket is holding up ok, we'll see how it goes.

br,
T°M

tomtom42

New in Town
What is the sleeve length on your jacket?

Hi Cocker,

for my size 42:

- outside sleeve length from outer end of epaulette to upper end of the knitted cuffs 58 cm (22.8 in)
- inside sleeve length from lower end of armhole to upper end of the knitted cuffs 41 cm (16.15 in)

hope this helps :)

br,
T°M

Cocker

Practically Family
Thanks Tomtom. That's pretty short, I guess I'd have to go to there warehouse and give a try to see if one of those could fit me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21