Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero No Reaponse? Multiple Tries.

Xopher

A-List Customer
I sent an email to Aero at there enquiries@aeroleatherclothing.com address a long long while ago asking if they could make me a Waldo Pepper Jacket. I followed up 3 times since then and never received any answer. Is this normal?

I sent a new email today so Im hoping they catch this one.

I know they dont do extensive custom orders but what do you think the likelyhood is of them doing a Waldo Pepper Jacket. Basically an A-1 with a leather collar, no snaps, and slightly reshaped and located pockets.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1585436386506.jpg
    FB_IMG_1585436386506.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 728

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Yes - like he said, down for Covid-19. They will be back hopefully soon, (but no rush) I have an order in with Carrie. Might reach out to her at Thurston Brothers (For Aero) She is great with modifications, etc....

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
The mods you're describing may not sound like much to you, nevertheless it's a new pattern. Will they make it for you? Not likely, I'd say. Then again, with the whole economic situation having radically changed in less than a month, they might change their policy.
Just saying, there's more work to a new pattern than you may think, and a higher chance of the customer being dissatisfied in the end.
In any event, they won't work on jackets for the time being. They do take orders but process them once business resumes.

Dav

One Too Many
So an Aeromarine with knits, probably easier to add knitted cuffs and hem than to change the collar on an A-1, still a new design though so there's probably more to it than that.
Edit
Wrong collar shape, my mistake

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
It looks to me like a button front A-2...why not just go direct to Bill Kelso.. where your image comes from.. nothing wrong with their jackets..

Xopher

A-List Customer
It looks to me like a button front A-2...why not just go direct to Bill Kelso.. where your image comes from.. nothing wrong with their jackets..

I have a Bill Kelso Duke that I love, so Im very pleased with their quality. For my new jacket I am really stuck on Aeros Battered Seal Horsehide which BK doesnt have. If BK could get that leather it would be a done deal for me.

Does anyone know where their Battered Seal Horsehide comes from? Maybe I could dig some up and send it to BK for the jacket?

I’m sure you could get Kelso’s liberty hide to look like it’s been “battered” in no time.

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
As AeroFan suggested, go with Carrie at Thurston Brothers. The cost of the jacket will be about the same, and you are guaranteed a good fit. She will send out a fit jacket, and you can modify from there. Takes the uncertainty out of the equation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB