Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have an ELC Thunderbird Field?

Xopher

A-List Customer
Does anyone have an ELC Thunderbird Field Jacket? Id love to see photos of them, and see how they age.
How are they in terms of function, nicer than a standard A-1? Warmer? About the same?

Fonzie

One Too Many
@A-1 bought one recently and he seems to love it. It’s a beautiful jacket, I’ve always wanted one myself too, the blue version is very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cocker

Practically Family
Saw one on one of the protagonist of the french version of Top Gear, yesterday! Apparently, this guy is a frequent customer to T-Bird shop in Paris, selling ELC, Aero, Buzz and so on. Already saw him on the show with an ELC Irvin.

Here's a picture with the Thunderbird:

58420c11ff06355ce23298b215d8a.jpeg

Edit: An one with the Irvin:

top-gear-france.jpg

A-1

One Too Many
Does anyone have an ELC Thunderbird Field Jacket? Id love to see photos of them, and see how they age.
How are they in terms of function, nicer than a standard A-1? Warmer? About the same?

Hi there,
I have this jacket in olive and I like its versatility. It’s light and comfortable, easy to wear all around.
I can’t comment on it being compared to a standard A-1 as I’ve never owned one. Always loved this wool one more. But it’s not a very warm jacket. I think you can easily wear it in summer nights with a shirt no problem.
It doesn’t have hand warmer pockets and there is no inside pocket. So that’s a minus in my opinion.
This jacket with slash HH leather pockets like this would be the perfect jacket in my opinion:
c16bd6d15e5c991b0f8c45c94041ed17.jpg

I really like the wool body. Wouldn’t change anything there. But the A-1 pockets aren’t big and not very handy. They look good though. Hehe. It will be my go-to jacket when this winter finally comes to an end.
The olive is more versatile than the navy in my opinion. The navy won’t be that cool with black but the olive goes with everything. I was lucky to find one in my size on the bay in olive. I don’t think I’d have bought it in navy.
Hope that helps a bit.

A-1

One Too Many
@A-1 bought one recently and he seems to love it. It’s a beautiful jacket, I’ve always wanted one myself too, the blue version is very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some photos. I think the retail prices be is very high for what it is. Much too high. For half of it, it’s a good price for this jacket. The rayon lining doesn’t seem very sturdy by the way. I don’t think I will be able to wear this more than a year without a tear in the lining.

c661382198f31fe19f1bab3abe7c4d15.jpg

4df2e23dbb73cd7ec07f99f96538514a.jpg

7aa9b5471fe4e6f6f08aea57153894e1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21