Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APS Gunnery School

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
A friend of mine from my civil war unit has a water cooled and air cooled 30 caliber MG that is fully automatic. He is interested in doing WWII and I came up with the idea of him being a gunnery instructor. What I am working on now is having a camp where members of the APS can come and take part in gunnery exercises with the MG and shotguns as well as working with the silouettes. I think that it would be fun and would award gunnery wings and certificates when the school is completed. What do yall think? Anyone not in the APS would be welcomed to join in as well.

=GG=

Sgt Brown

One of the Regulars
GG,

Typical Reb! You come up with a great idea just when my physical condition keeps me from attending! I will pass your idea on to the other members of the Ohio and PA Wings and see what happens.

Matt, You can pass it on to the Cap Wing.

Tom
(33 years 7th Ohio Vol Inf N-SSA)

Last edited:

cco23i

A-List Customer
Hell guys come out here to Utah and soon we will have the 1000 yard range and the tail gun position gunnery pit for the B-29!

Scott

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Scott, sounds great. Hope I can attend. Really need to get money together for Bomber Camp.

Tom, I have been with the 1st NC Volunteers / 11th Regiment NC Troops for approximatately 28 years. I have done Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery, and Guerilla. Rode with the James Gang for awhile as well. One thing I have never done is go Yank. My grandpappy would come back from the dead and skin me alive. LOL. I am not above wearing yankee blue with my guerilla shirt underneath and a brace of colts. LOL. Always good to hear from another War Against Northern Agrression Reenactor even if he is on the other side.

=GG=

cco23i

A-List Customer
Hell fellas I am covered, one side fought with the 9th and 14th Indiana and one side fought with the 18th ALabama!

Scott

Sgt Brown

One of the Regulars
Gray Ghost,

I have never reenacted CW. I'm in the N-SSA which does Civil War live fire - carbines, muskets, mortars and artillery.

But the fact remains, I'm still a Yankee!:eusa_clap:thumb::usa2:

Tom

cco23i

A-List Customer
So those rumors that you swing both ways are true!:D

Tom

Only in wool baby! :D I have a good friend from West Virginia who's a die hard reb, well first I harrass him for being from there AND then we found out from his wife he had relatives in a New York regiment, so we call him a closet yankee!

Scott

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Gray Ghost,

I have never reenacted CW. I'm in the N-SSA which does Civil War live fire - carbines, muskets, mortars and artillery.

But the fact remains, I'm still a Yankee!:eusa_clap:thumb::usa2:

Tom

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have shot live with my weapons but never in competiton. I have an 1853 Enfield 3 band made in Italy and an 1858 Parker Hale Enfield made in England. My Parker Hale is of the type used by Confederate Sharpshooters. I portray them sometimes. Never had any ancestors fight for the Union but I do respect the ones that did have and respect their ancestors as well.

=GG=

Sgt Brown

One of the Regulars
Aerial gunnery to various and sundry muskets! To get back on track...

Have any of you guys seen one of these? It is an electric turret with two 12 ga shotguns installed in place of the twin 50's. It was used against the Luftwaffe's dreaded clay pigeons in gunnery school. I would KILL to get my hands on one of these boogers!

Tom

Skeetturret.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy