Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B-Beautiful in a B-10..! (The ultimate American Beauty cloth flight wear)

Flash

Familiar Face
Schmmmmitty, nice to hear you are satisfied with your jacket. It looks great.
I prefere shorter and trimmer fit, so I have ordered size L too, on monday. I am a little taller so I will post here some reflection when the jacket arrive.

schmmmitty

New in Town
Schmmmmitty, nice to hear you are satisfied with your jacket. It looks great.
I prefere shorter and trimmer fit, so I have ordered size L too, on monday. I am a little taller so I will post here some reflection when the jacket arrive.

nice going Flash!
yeah, the trim fit doesn't work too well on me. my shoulders are too broad for M so the arms are always way too short.

Flash

Familiar Face
I have the same problem. If the jacket has good trim fit, sleeves and body tape are usualy short. Nevertheless this is an army staff so no tailored B-10 were produced. In WW2 were airmans with short sleeves, roomy jacket also as fellows with perfectly trimfit jackets :)

Flash

Familiar Face
B-10 At The Front

The jacket just arrived.
For that price I think it is perfect. As is at the ATF website written ("I made the cut similar to the Tanker Jacket on sizes Large (44) and bigger. Most American males aren't built like WW2 airmen. It's a fact not a judgment.") the body of the jacket is a little roomier.
Jacket is olso very worm for me, I am surprised.
At the weekend I will have got an opportunity to compare ATF`s B-10 with my friend`s ELC, if somebody will be interested.

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Here's my ELC B-10 i picked up last week. really nice jacket, but do prefer the build of my Buzz B-15. The pile in the Eastman is thicker than I expected, but like the fit. haven't stopped wearing it.

Photoon08-11-2012at1203.jpg

Photoon08-11-2012at12033.jpg

Photoon08-11-2012at12022.jpg

Flash

Familiar Face
Chamboid, your RW B-10 from ELC is perfect. IMO the best reproduction you can buy.
I will amke some pictures of my ATF for comparation.

chamboid

One of the Regulars
the on;y thing I would worry about with the At the front is the man made lining. which offers warms but i always finds makes you sweat. though the Pike Bros. or Aero might not be as 'perfect' I would be more inclined to go for better materials and a build than accuracy. in the end you want to wear it.

the price on the ELC is a bit much, but I picked mine up for the price of a Pike Bros or Aero. Always search oon ebay , there is an Eastman B-10 or two at the moment, both in the UK i think. I'll look for some links and post

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, for those of us already watching the B-10s on EBay they won't remain cheap now... ;-)
I wouldn't worry about the price, they would probably go up anyway. There are a lot of people out there that want a B10 and they are not all on here, or VLJ for that matter:)

Flash

Familiar Face
At the Front B-10

Here are pictures of my jacket.
Realy not as good as ELC but exactly what I expact for 200 bucks. For idea about the sizing I am 6`3" (190 cm) and 183 pounds (83 kg) and jacket is size L.
DSC_0090_2_640.jpg
DSC_0091_2_640.jpg
DSC_0092_2_640.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Here are pictures of my jacket.
Realy not as good as ELC but exactly what I expact for 200 bucks. For idea about the sizing I am 6`3" (190 cm) and 183 pounds (83 kg) and jacket is size L.
Looks great for an everyday wearer:) and a great price too
I'd have one any day, but I'm afraid I'm a leather fetishist now. If it doesn't whinny or Moo or maybe even bleat or bahh then it's usually denim for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy