Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Sources for Vintage Suits

Rian Ó Ruairc

New in Town
Hi, guys.

First post on the forum, though I've been following the Facebook page for a while.

I've only dabbled in vintage clothing to date, but I've decided to invest much more heavily in vintage attire going forward. I've done loads of reading on various threads here already, but what I haven't found is a good list of online shops (e.g. Etsy, eBayers, or general websites) that I should be keeping an eye on ... especially when it comes to suits / trousers / sport coats.

I've already found quite a good number of places for hats, ties, etc. Really interested in seeing if some of you seasoned vintage wearers can help me here by consolidating a good list of links for good vintage suits. If someone knows of a thread somewhere that this has already been done, that would be just as good.

By the way, I'm usually a 44L, so a lot of these vintage suits with jackets in the smaller sizes are out of the question for me.

Thanks in advance!

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Apart from ebay/etsy (still the best generally available sources for reasonably priced clothing) there are the local sources that you have to explore on your own.
Check fleamarkets, goodwill & second-hand stores, household sales etc.

With your size the best bet would still be ebay.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Have you identified a particular style you are looking for? Or are you just going for a generic vintage look?

Why not post in classifieds giving your measurements and describe exactly what you are looking for. You might get lucky.

Rian Ó Ruairc

New in Town
Have you identified a particular style you are looking for? Or are you just going for a generic vintage look?

Why not post in classifieds giving your measurements and describe exactly what you are looking for. You might get lucky.

Thanks. I'll do that. Wasn't sure how likely it is for a request like that to be seen by the right people, but it certainly can't hurt.

I'm a 44L, by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy