Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brent "Open Road" Arrived!

Technonut

Practically Family
I saw this hat on the bay recently, and thought it had possibilities. ;) This is a Brent (Monkey Ward's) Comformatic lid in a cattleman style.

I am impressed with the quality and construction of this hat. The felt is a nice weight, the sweat is made of good leather, and the satin lining is great. :) There is also a wind trolly. I personally do not like the cattleman crease... I quickly popped the crown and threw a front pinch and side dents in it.. It looks OK for now, but it will probably take some steam to totally remove traces of the former creases... ;)

BrentOR001.jpg

BrentOR002.jpg

BrentOR003.jpg

BrentOR004.jpg

BrentOR005.jpg

BrentOR007.jpg

BrentORFL.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
How's the quality? I've had four brents, and I've never been quite happy with the felt, especially with the earlier ones.

Technonut

Practically Family
Thanks for the kind words and compliments all... :)

Dinerman said:
How's the quality? I've had four brents, and I've never been quite happy with the felt, especially with the earlier ones.

Personally, I think the felt quality is great... On par with a few of my good quality vintage fedoras in fact...

RBH said:
Welcome to The Brotherhood Of The Thin Ribbon!!!

Thanks! It is nice to be part of the Brotherhood... :)

Technonut

Practically Family
carter said:
Nice hat, Technonut. Looking good!

Thanks carter... :)

After throwing some stream to the Brent, I am VERY happy with the results..

Here are some pics of the Brent in the middle of my vintage Royal Scot (Brown) and Portis...

BrentORnew009.jpg

BrentORNew011.jpg

BrentORNew008.jpg

And the Brent alone... :)

BrentORnew014.jpg

BrentORnew013.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy