Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bruce got the juice - Bruce Willis' Jacket

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm still far from convinced that's not vintage.
The Nowak jacket someone posted here sure doesn't
look THAT much like the one Willis wore (sorry).
Did Nowak explicitly claim he made the jacket?

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These snaps are allegedly with Bruce's stunt double...
bruce_willis_2367299-1.jpg
bruce_willis_2367293.jpg

Here with his wife and jacket..
bruce_willis_5220027.jpg
bruce_willis_5220026.jpg

surrogates-001.jpg

http://www.tonynowak.com/

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The one the stunt double looks like a different jacket,probably the Tony Nowak one, while the "hero" jacket looks like an original vintage one. Does that look to be the case to others?

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues said:

This, above, IS a vintage jacket. The picture I've been waitying for.
I think I can recognise the real thing, having had so many of these type of jackets pass through
my hands, as well as my eyes, over the past 20 years.

The shots from inside Nowak's shop are a different, most probably "new" jacket.
Although it looks like an "attempt" at vintage-ification, you can see that it's not THE
same jacket- look at the small details and the clues that it's "new".
The "stunt double"'s jacket is a different jacket again.

Dinerman, you could be right.

B
T

No doubt, NO doubt. That jacket on the double is undoubtedly a vintage jacket. The wear on the lower half of the front right panel is unmistakeable. And the chain zipper pull on the chest pocket - compare to the zipper on the "from the store" jacket. Also the stitching around the pockets on the "from the store" jacket: The one really bad part of that jacket.

bk

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
The image I quoted/re-posted, above- the large, frontal, that's the Bruce, not the double.
That's a fur-real vintage jacket. All the different types of wear and character that you can't
get from the rocks and tumble dryer. I think you agree with me.

Baron.K, there are at least two other threads that have some movie-jacket fans fooled that it's
a costume repro, rather than vintage.

B
T

jon z

One of the Regulars
If it is vintage, & evidence here seems to point to it being so, then surely the double must have worn the same jacket. (It is highly improbable that two vintage jackets identical enough in style & aging so as not to notice would have been found). Either that or a copy of Bruce's original must have been made for the double.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
jon z said:
It is highly improbable that two vintage jackets identical enough in style & aging so as not to notice would have been found.

Difficult, but not improbable -- when you consider the vast resources that big film costumers have at hand. If a certain vintage jacket exists, they're more likely to find it than anyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn