Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you help me date this Hirschfeld's suit?

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Hey folks, bagged this really nice bluey-grey fleck suit off the 'bay and wondered if you could help me date it? It's by Hirschfeld's of Nebraska (they're still going, too), wool, ventless, 3/2 roll jacket, high-waisted flat-front cuffed pants with two vertically-aligned snaps... took it straight up the local tailor to get the waist let out (happily, it had another 4" usable!), put a new zipper in the pants and fix a small hole in the back... when I get it home, I'll do the Woolite bath trick, as it's a mite dingy / got a collar ring, and then should be set to go! So, any ideas as to a date? Apologies, but I didn't check the pockets for a union ticket before I handed it in to the tailor... :eusa_doh:

1493170_10153602238575471_1175653637_n.jpg

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Late 40s early 50s bold look, relatively low button stance, very wide lapels, the style of the label. They always have those snaps at the trousers waist closure (though they were around earlier).

Nice.

Many thanks, Baron! The jacket fits with quite a defined 'waisted' look, despite being relatively 'up & down' in terms of cut, which I like... hopefully, the trousers will be okay once they've been let out, then it's fingers crossed for the handwashing – I was planning to use Dylon 'Travel Wash', which always works very well with my vintage clothes, for a general wash... however, if you have any recommendations for getting the collar ring out I'd be most obliged!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21