Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

canceling order with Aero USA - anyone has experience?

borisna

A-List Customer
Hi Guys

It's been 4 months since I placed an order to Mark, and I am beginning to get cranky, I know this is the usual waiting time, but every once in a while I see a good used Aero for sale ready to ship and start thinking of canceling my order and buying the used one instead.

Did anyone had similar experience? (I have already paid Mark)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Normally they quote 12 weeks.
Aero told me they have crazy much right now and said 16 weeks.
So, if your lucky its less then a month away. Personally I would wait the queue they have right now and then decide.
There is nothing like a brand new jacket.

People are used immediate gratification.
I know folks waiting for custom knives/boots etc. have been waiting two years or more.
I don't suffer waiting well either. But I decided to get some used jackets to tie me over. That and a few glasses of port or a Boddingtons.
Remember, people make these by hand. Think about how long this takes. Then, some send back for alterations. And they're training apprentices. You want a sweatshop assembly line jacket, many exist.
If you're concerned, send a POLITE email asking for an ETA.

borisna

A-List Customer
Hey Butte

I have sent 2 emails already, in one Mark told me it will be done in August, in the second he just said he didnt hear anything about my order
the really annoying thing is that i know of someone who ordered a jacket after me and already received it a few weeks ago

Hey Butte

I have sent 2 emails already, in one Mark told me it will be done in August, in the second he just said he didnt hear anything about my order
the really annoying thing is that i know of someone who ordered a jacket after me and already received it a few weeks ago

That can happen for many reasons.
Hides.
Customization.
Linings.

I'm not apologizing for Aero, just trying to be helpful in my understanding of how a shop might work. I know how hard waiting is. But fall weather still not here, so I'd personally wait it out. Polite emails should get nothing but polite replies. be reasonable with frequency and good luck!
We all know the feeling!

Hey HD, the reason is that he had a 10% discount and every dollar counts :)

Oh..I see. I do hope that you can hang in there for the new Aero. Once it pops up..the wait won't matter any more...although I certainly can understand the frustration. The new Aeros have just recently taken another jump in price as well.
A nice used Aero can be a bargain,though,especially if you don't need any extra length or customization..and if an 'off the rack size' will fit.
I'd email Mark again...and just tell him that you are beginning to get impatient..before you actually decide to cancell the order.
HD

Flying Mariner

Familiar Face
Hi..
As already mentioned, Aero are very busy at the minute and quoting a waiting time of 14-16 weeks.
I ordered a A1 jacket in February and it only took one week longer than the stated 12 week estimate.

I have a A2 jacket that I am selling as it is to big for me, and was put of purchasing another due to the current wait time.
However Aero keep updating there website and for the last week I have clicked on there site about 5 times a day in the (remote) hope of seeing a A2 44" chest but crucially in a "long" fitting.
To my immence joy a new one appeared today in the sales section. I actually resisted the temptation to buy until all the pictures had been uploaded. Talk about being in the right place at the right time :)

Well done to Aero on constantly updating there website.

Sorry to go slightly off topic borisna an good luck.

Regards,
Wayne.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany