Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas jackets, coats and all things warming

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Plus, I prefer individuality through hard wearing. Scuffs and marks.
However, it says in the description of the jacket on the mf website that the leather is not hard wearing at all and should rather be pampered.
But it may is a great idea for some people out there who are very interested in testing those oils and dyes.
I like to see the evolution of your jacket Carlos but it just wouldn't be a jacket for me. Haha.

The pampering comment is about the black one, which is made of lambskin. THis one is raw cow hide and is meant to be abused...

Reactions: A-1

A-1

One Too Many
Ah, Carlos, nice. That's good to know! I was thinking about the black one. But the comment let me refrain from it.
Have fun with it!

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
here's that denim jacket I recreated in leather for the Mrs. Started out with an oxblood steerhide, then gave it a seal redye, then a light "antiquing". Should look killer over time as the oxblood peeks thru as it wears.

willyto

One Too Many
I bought myself this beautiful coat on Ebay but I'm still waiting for it to arrive (I guess with Christmas it's taking a bit more time). I don't know if I messed up with the size but after reading the measurements it should fit over a suit:

SS9TR6L.jpg
EbzHwIs.jpg

T04WoEY.jpg

cTyxAsq.jpg

It was announced as 1950s .

CBI

One Too Many
Christmas Jacket (sort of Fail): had X-mas early

Gifts from the Mrs:

Original N-3B - super, practically mint for a 40 y.o. jacket - home run!!!!!!!!!!

Spearhead A-9 flight Jacket (really a dark B-10), correct size in theory, arrived....WAAAAAAAAY TOO SMALL (very nice jacket though for the price) like 2 sizes too small!!!!!!

Spearhead Australian WW1 Tunic, correct size in theory but WAAAAAAAAY TOO SMALL in the waist (3-4 inches less than chest size) super jacket though.

The Fail.......return shipping to China $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Oh well

alangloi

New in Town
Coronado American Bison Leather Jacket for my brother and me. :) I like mine.
I noticed that there is almost a $250 price reduction today, both on Amazon and on the Orvis web site. (Size selection is reduced though.)
Just need some cooler weather here in Jacksonville, FL.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER Motorcycle 2015 Model in black, being customised to my liking so it'll be a little bit before I can ride it - warming my heart very very much! Once I buy all the accessories I plan to slap on it, I'll be back quenching my thirst for leather jackets once again! Till then I dream about Aero Board Racers, Highwayman (zip sleeve or traditional or 59er), two-tone Sunburst, Himel Kensington, Canuck, DD J21, J100 ... never-ending list!

pawineguy

One Too Many
TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER Motorcycle 2015 Model in black, being customised to my liking so it'll be a little bit before I can ride it - warming my heart very very much! Once I buy all the accessories I plan to slap on it, I'll be back quenching my thirst for leather jackets once again! Till then I dream about Aero Board Racers, Highwayman (zip sleeve or traditional or 59er), two-tone Sunburst, Himel Kensington, Canuck, DD J21, J100 ... never-ending list!

Now that's a great Christmas!

I've been eyeing the Scrambler for a good three years now. And this year, Triumph have made some nice Thruxton specials. Oh if I only had the money...very nice gift!!! Enjoy - and pics man are required. BTW, I see lots of guys putting Arrow exhaust on those ;)

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
I've been eyeing the Scrambler for a good three years now. And this year, Triumph have made some nice Thruxton specials. Oh if I only had the money...very nice gift!!! Enjoy - and pics man are required. BTW, I see lots of guys putting Arrow exhaust on those ;)

Same here, been eyeing the Scrambler for a while. The new Bonneville lineup looks awesome and should sell well, but they'll all have a bunch of tech stuff that I don't want/need for a Bonnie, already have those gizmos on my Tiger. In fact I'm regretting letting my carburetor '06 Bonnie go a few years ago, which is what prompted to get off my ass and grab that Scrambler I've always wanted before the new lineup arrives and these become harder to come by new. That new Thruxton R is quite eyecatching isn't it?! I really like that new T120 too. Oh and debating between Arrow and Zard for exhaust, let's see

Folks, I apologize for diverting this thread, I promise to make up by sharing pics of bike and leather jackets when the time is right!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo