Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cigarette holder users?

boone33

New in Town
I've posed the following questions to a couple posters, but wanted to take a sort of straw poll. Does anyone on this board use a cigarette holder exclusively, or occasionally? If so, what are your reasons? I don't smoke but find it such a fascinating, elegant and sophisticated prop that I'm curious if users have the same impression. Thanks.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I have a little black cigarette holder for when I smoke normal sized cigarettes (Sobranies black) but I need one for my regular slim cigarettes, I can only find nice ones for super slim cigarettes, which is a bit annoying.

I use a cigarette holder at home and out and about, but due to the smoking ban inside public places, I get very weird looks standing outside and get on with the cigarette holder routine.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
I used to use, purely for aesthetic purposes, a shortish (about 4" I think) black bakelite holder with a silver end. That was back in university of course. I still have it but haven't smoked in years.

Subsequently I acquired, but never used, two Dunhill White Spot cane cigarette holders, such as Terry-Thomas used to have. Those I sold on in due course (I think to a fellow Lounger). I rather wish I had kept them, but it seemed rather willful as I wouldn't use them.

I'll see if I can't find some pictures.

MarkL

One of the Regulars
I occasionally smoke a small, cigarette-sized cigar, and when doing so, always use a holder. I have a rather large collection of holders, but the ones I use are between 3 and 7 inches in length. I also have a nice collection of cigar holders, for just about every size of cigar from 36 ring all the way up to 66 ring guage!

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran