Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dark Blue Hats (Midnight, maybe Navy) with Dark Red/Burgundy Ribbons?

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
I've browsed around the archives and saw a fair number of really dark blue hats. Like starting at a good, deep Navy blue and going darker. A couple of them have had red ribbons but none dark red. Anyone got a pointer to a photo of a burgundy or deep blood red ribbon on a dark blue hat?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I wonder if this incredible Cavanagh, owned by Delectans is close to what you are looking for.

facavapp1.jpg

More pics and info here

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
That may well be the hat I had in mind, although I had forgotten the burgundy edge treatment. But that shade of blue with a shiny but not bright-red ribbon. It was either Delectan's or one very similar that I was trying to recall. Thanks for the quick find.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Midnight Blue Ink color

I started looking for such a hat after seeing Al's hat and pics on this forum. Good fortune and I was able to find one. Not the sterling lineage as Al's, but a strong relative. I have just recently got some hat wear with it and a blue blazer, tan slacks, white shirt and red bow tie to an occassion in downtown MPLS/St.Paul. It garnered lots of comments. The brim and hat dimensions are growing on me.

Check out my cousin to Al's;

IMG7830-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

BTW: Posting on this thread, http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?37297-The-Cavanagh-Club&p=1281924&highlight=#post1281924 . Al's posted earlier on the same thread.

Last edited:

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
I started looking for such a hat after seeing Al's hat and pics on this forum. Good fortune and I was able to find one. Not the sterling lineage as Al's, but a strong relative. I have just recently got some hat wear with it and a blue blazer, tan slacks, white shirt and red bow tie to an occassion in downtown MPLS/St.Paul. It garnered lots of comments. The brim and hat dimensions are growing on me.

Check out my cousin to Al's;

IMG7830-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

BTW: Posting on this thread, http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?37297-The-Cavanagh-Club&p=1281924&highlight=#post1281924 . Al's posted earlier on the same thread.

Man, I would love to have one like this. Outstanding.

HatsEnough

Banned
Well, I have a dark blue Royal Stetson from the 1990s. Not vintage, but not a bad lid.
scaled.php

I particularly like the ribbon because it has a light blue stripe on top and bottom.

frussell

One Too Many
I posted photos on page 1224 of the Post New Hats Here thread of a deep blue Borsalino with red/crimson thin ribbon that I had briefly. Most striking color scheme of any hat I owned, just fit a little tight. I think it's a great look. Good luck to you. Frank.

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Brando,

I'm almost certain that is a Borsalino Alessandria in Navy Blue. Fine hats. I have a two-year-old Taupe one that I love.

SteveAS,

That it an awesome, awesome Diplomat. I wouldn't want quite so wide a ribbon on a fedora but the proportions and colors on that Homburg are absolutely perfect. Totally.

Frank,

Love the thin crimson ribbon and matching thin binding. Great color ribbon in that shot.

Paddy,

The ribbon on your hat is what I was kind of thinking of when I asked the question. Really dark. Dark on dark. Love it! Nice braces, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles