Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you dare to commit to wear a single jacket for a month through all your waking hours?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Third week, only wore it three days this week. Going to drop out at this point. Life is too short for just one jacket, and I ran out of shirt pairing options...

Wed/Thurs/Friday
IMG_9776.JPG

Three weeks ago
IMG_9606.JPG

Today (three weeks later)
IMG_9805.JPG

The brass buttons were artificially wiped down with alcohol pad this week so the brass showed through. Otherwise the Angelus dye would have held. It's a strong bond, even cutting it with water. Thanks for Navetsea sharing his dying techniques, cutting the dye with some water really gives it the aniline look. Still very water proof too. Can't recommend acrylic dye enough, the only down side is the squeak, but the practicality outweighs the sounds.

IMG_9614.JPG

One other thing I learned from wearing mostly the same jacket for three weeks is sizing. This jacket is about a size bigger than what I would normally wear for the FDL slim fit look. If it were any smaller I probably would have dropped out of the challenge on day one. Not promoting baggy fits, but jacket has to be big enough for daily tasks.

Onto the next jacket...

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Your JL trucker has seasoned up nicely during the 3 week challenge. Other than the snap closures and quilted lining, it looks quite a bit like my Aero T-3 in Navy Vicenza. I got that jkt a little over a year ago and it has really broken in nicely. I wore it for a few days this week in between wearing my Natural Vicenza T-3 which has a ways to go before acquiring that lived in look. Cooler temps here point to jacket weather for many months to come!

Technonut

Practically Family
Well, after getting past 3 1/2 weeks of daily wear, I'm about ready to call the AliExpress 30's aviator / half-belt a wrap for now... The coming years of normal wear will take care of the rest...;)

Here's the jacket stiff and new less than a month ago:

vintage style5.jpg

vintage style4.jpg

Today, during a fall outing in the mountains (I'm still stunned regarding the nice quality of the Italian cowhide used in this jacket at it's inexpensive price) :

Chiaviator11.jpg

Chiaviator16.jpg

Chiaviator8.jpg

Chiaviator9.jpg

Last edited:

barnabus

One Too Many
I know it's not really in the spirit of this thread, but I've worn my M65 every single day since I got it and honestly can't see a day I wouldn't, until it gets warm enough to not need a jacket. It really is excellent.

No photo though because it is of course shrugging off everything and still looks brand new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner