Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you dare to commit to wear a single jacket for a month through all your waking hours?

Mr Peabody

One of the Regulars
Day #2 of 30
Obsessed by HH

Attachments

• IMG_2949.jpeg
    IMG_2949.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 94

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Nice trucker - you must have one in each color - what was the original hue of this particular one. It reminds me of my Aero in Navy Vicenza w/caramel stitching - a statement jacket for sure!
Thank you, I saw your navy type 3 with the contrast stitch and then I had to redye mine navy. It used to be natural color horsehide with seal accents before turning all navy.
Johnson M-LEI Brown HH Snaps Measures 0000.JPG

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Thank you, I saw your navy type 3 with the contrast stitch and then I had to redye mine navy. It used to be natural color horsehide with seal accents before turning all navy.
View attachment 554852
Wow - from this to your post just above in Navy which explains the lighter portions along the seams and such. Regardless, the Trucker style is just so cool/kewl to me regardless of what it's constructed of. My Type 3 is quite special to me and I got it (along w/the natural Vicenza T-3 back in May) before the recent increase on the Aero site.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Wow - from this to your post just above in Navy which explains the lighter portions along the seams and such. Regardless, the Trucker style is just so cool/kewl to me regardless of what it's constructed of. My Type 3 is quite special to me and I got it (along w/the natural Vicenza T-3 back in May) before the recent increase on the Aero site.
Good eye. Yeah trucker jacket is very cool and versatile, you've got quite a collection too!
I figure if I had to wear one single jacket for 30 days straight, the trucker had the best chance of me doing it. Day two today, 28 more to go...

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri
IMG_9597.JPG

Wearing the same jacket everyday is not hard.

Thinking about wearing the same jacket is very hard, almost impossible.

I miss the time when I didn't think about what I wore and just grab whatever and out the door.

Tried to change up the shirt every day this week.

How do you wear the same jacket 30 days straight? Do you purposely change a different shirt everyday or just whatever?

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri
View attachment 555580

Wearing the same jacket everyday is not hard.

Thinking about wearing the same jacket is very hard, almost impossible.

I miss the time when I didn't think about what I wore and just grab whatever and out the door.

Tried to change up the shirt every day this week.

How do you wear the same jacket 30 days straight? Do you purposely change a different shirt everyday or just whatever?
I'm with you. Sometimes I feel like wearing a brown (leather) jacket, the other day I want a black one. The same goes to jeans, pants, shirts, sweatshirts, etc. What I always do, however, is the color of the belt, boots/shoes and top have to match each other. In the past I was always on the hunt for the holy grail jacket, which cost me a lot of time and a lot of money. But I had to realize, I am not the "every-day-same jacket" wearer. Today, I found my style, I am happy what I have and it gives me fun and satisfaction to thinking about what I will wear the next day before I go to sleep. That's why your "30 day project" isn't for me and I don't want to take on this challenge either, lol. Good luck!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I'm with you. Sometimes I feel like wearing a brown (leather) jacket, the other day I want a black one. The same goes to jeans, pants, shirts, sweatshirts, etc. What I always do, however, is the color of the belt, boots/shoes and top have to match each other. In the past I was always on the hunt for the holy grail jacket, which cost me a lot of time and a lot of money. But I had to realize, I am not the "every-day-same jacket" wearer. Today, I found my style, I am happy what I have and it gives me fun and satisfaction to thinking about what I will wear the next day before I go to sleep. That's why your "30 day project" isn't for me and I don't want to take on this challenge either, lol. Good luck!
Yup, I think I will take a break this weekend. Have a weekend affair with another jacket so to speak. Trying to wear the same jacket everyday sure takes the fun outta the hobby.

Technonut

Practically Family
I've been known to wear jackets daily for 4-6 hours at a time, and some exclusively for close to a month to accelerate break in..:)

In fact, I've been wearing a 30's aviator / half-belt in Italian cowhide purchased from none-other-than Aliexpress for going on 3 weeks now / 4-6 hours a day. No wetting or other methods used... just wear. I must say that I'm quite pleased with the results so far, and will keep at it awhile longer...;) :

Chiaviator5.jpg

Chiaviator6.jpg

Chiaviator4.jpg

Chiaviator2.jpg

Chiaviator3.jpg

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I've been known to wear jackets daily for 4-6 hours at a time, and some exclusively for close to a month to accelerate break in..:)

In fact, I've been wearing a 30's aviator / half-belt in Italian cowhide purchased from none-other-than Aliexpress for going on 3 weeks now / 4-6 hours a day. No wetting or other methods used... just wear. I must say that I'm quite pleased with the results so far, and will keep at it awhile longer...;) :

View attachment 557562

View attachment 557561

View attachment 557563

View attachment 557560
Does the D pocket open from the hand warmer side? And is there another zipper pocket inside the half bitten D pocket?

Technonut

Practically Family
Does the D pocket open from the hand warmer side? And is there another zipper pocket inside the half bitten D pocket?

Yes, there's a heavy-duty covered snap to secure it... It wasn't an advertised feature, but I really like it. :) No other zipper inside. The D pocket is stitched directly to the front panel. EDIT: The zippered pocket is separate from the outer D pocket hand-warmer....

The jacket is just getting to the body-hugging stage, and is behaving as I would expect from any other jacket made from well-tanned leather, regardless of cost.

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Week two (last week), only wore it for four days out of seven. Wore the same trousers everyday for the week, and switched up the shirts.

IMG_9735.JPG

Kicking off this week with a corduroy jacket. No heavy jackets while while one hour jetleg. Will try to make up for it towards the end of the week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo