Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you ever think you are going insane?

The Shirt

Practically Family
I just bid on a perfect little 50s wedding dress. It will not fit my waist. But better yet - I am not getting married. Sure there's possibility there - but I literally just jinxed it.

Has anyone ever just bid on something - out of pure lust and imagination that they never should have?:eek:

I'm sitting here biting my nails waiting for the auction to end not sure if I'll be distraught if I win it or more distraught if I don't. Wish me luck!

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
I can completely relate! I actually own a 1930s wedding gown, complete
with the vintage undergarments that the original owner wore way back when.
And I have never even been close to getting married! But I saw the dress a few years ago on Ebay and I just had to have it. I guess I still hold out hope
that someday I may have the opportunity to wear it. LOL!

jayem

A-List Customer
I once bid on a lot of vintage theatre makeup... belonging and only used by a dark-skinned individual.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I think I'm going insane, but not as far as bidding is concerned. I feel I'm going insane when stuff starts literally disappearing without a trace and it's nowhere to be found in my apartment. Recently, both my ipod and my favorite sweater have just disappeared into thin air.

THAT'S the stuff that makes me think I'm going crazy. That, or I have gremlins in my apartment. Or maybe my cats are just way sneakier than I ever suspected.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Yes, I think I'm going insane, but I never really bid on crazy stuff. I feel I'm going insane when stuff starts literally disappearing without a trace and it's nowhere to be found in my apartment. Recently, both my ipod and my favorite sweater have just disappeared into thin air.

THAT'S the stuff that makes me think I'm going crazy. That, or I have gremlins in my apartment. Or maybe my cats are just way sneakier than I ever suspected.

I'm right there with you. I'll turn the house upside down looking for whatever has mysteriously disappeared, and I can not settle down for a very long time after it. Just not knowing what the hell happened to it, drives me straight to the looney bin.

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
~*Red*~ said:
I'm right there with you. I'll turn the house upside down looking for whatever has mysteriously disappeared, and I can not settle down for a very long time after it. Just not knowing what the hell happened to it, drives me straight to the looney bin.

I'm kinda the same way. I can never find my keys and ill look everywhere for them..most of the time they're in my purse which i already looked more than once!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Yes, I think I'm going insane, but I never really bid on crazy stuff. I feel I'm going insane when stuff starts literally disappearing without a trace and it's nowhere to be found in my apartment. Recently, both my ipod and my favorite sweater have just disappeared into thin air.

DId you look in the fridge? That is when you really know you are insane.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
HA top this...
my favorite is when I can't find my keys and I open my front door and find them hanging there in the lock all night!
I've done this more then once! :D

That really makes me feel a little bit nutty! :rolleyes:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I loose tubes of chap stick and my scissors all the flippin time. I keep a tube of CS in every pocket of every jacket I own, and I still cant find a tube within arms reach! :rage:

Whenever I sew, I go through 4 to 7 pairs of scissors. Not kidding. Drive me freggin insane!!

LD

drjones

A-List Customer
insanity is the state I am always in. :)

how about this?

I am notorious for asking people where something is when its right in my hand!

DRJONES

Folly

One of the Regulars
I have three old wedding dresses, all purchased with no intention of getting married! One is a mini (hand made) from the 1960's and the other two are from the 1970's.

The seventies ones, one was for the basis of my Lucy (Bram Stoker's Dracula, Lucy) fancy dress costume and the other was £6 and in a very classical style so I couldn't very well leave it there! I also knew the people in the vintage clothes shop where I got the mini from and they did me a very good deal.

When I did get married, those three dresses never even crossed my mind!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I am notorious for losing things I'm using like scissors when I'm cutting out a pattern and I've never even moved from the spot. I think we have a vortex where things disappear for a few minutes and then come back, our TV also changes channels by it's self........[huh]

epr25

Practically Family
Last year at a garage sale I bought a wedding dress from 1912 (I think I haven't looked at it for a while) It also was complete with the underslip, hankie and shoes. I got married this Dec. I didn't wear it. I just felt bound to buy that dress. I could not walk away. I feel there is a reason for buying these things. We just don't know what it is yet.

Smuterella

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:

hell yes, I have totally lost a lovely pair of shoes that, as far as I am aware, I didn't leave anywhere. where do things go? where?

The Shirt

Practically Family
Well I won it. By $1.33. I guess it was meant to be. I'm a freakshow and look at vintage wedding gowns all the time and keep a photo file of images that I love so that one day I would be able to give them to my seamstress. I suppose this one just overtook my logic. I think perhaps I am going thru that phase that most girls go thru in their teens planning their imaginary wedding. I just unfortunately have money these days. It does make me feel TREMENDOUSLY better that a few of you have purchased some with no intention of ever wearing them.

I leave my keys in the doorknob all the time. Especially in the summer. My forgetfulness seems to be seasonal. Chapstick has a magical cloaking device. As do my perfect tank tops thatalways elude me though I know they are clean. I am slightly OCD and neurotically neat in some ways - so when I lose things, it definitely feels like there's a ghost or something playing tricks on me.

My doctor said if you were actually going insane you wouldn't realise it [huh] Yes, it is something that has been mentioned to my doctor...

My boyfriend has a habit of losing things all the flipping time, but I know where they are. That makes me think he (the supposedly intelligent teacher type) is actually going a little barmy. Since when have I ever been organised???!!!!!!!

I bid on a 1920s hat, which I won, which I will never, ever wear. It's nice, but I really will never wear it.

If anyone is interested in a dark blue 1920s flapper hat, let me know lol

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
Congrats on winning the dress!

I'm that way with books. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a 1948 book on post-war economics that I saw in a used bookstore in L.A. Do I understand, am I even interested in economics? Not hardly. But it was a very earnest piece of thought from sixty years ago and that voice inside kept telling me not to let it go. Logic intervened and I put it back. Regretted it immediately and still do.

Maybe I was meant to have it. Or maybe I'm just going 'round the bend. Either seems likely. (See signature).

Folly

One of the Regulars
I'm often woken up by my husband at 5.45am as he's off to work, as he can't find his keys and can he use mine. I then get up and find my keys on the desk as he left his in the door all night :rolleyes:

SarahLouise

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Yes, I think I'm going insane, but not as far as bidding is concerned. I feel I'm going insane when stuff starts literally disappearing without a trace and it's nowhere to be found in my apartment. Recently, both my ipod and my favorite sweater have just disappeared into thin air.

It could be your cats! My naughty cat once played with one of my lipsticks and brought it down 2 flights of stairs into the living room but I didn't even notice it was missing. Everything to her is a toy though, bless.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
SarahLouise said:
It could be your cats! My naughty cat once played with one of my lipsticks and brought it down 2 flights of stairs into the living room but I didn't even notice it was missing. Everything to her is a toy though, bless.

My cats will slowly remove every single pen they find and fling it round the house until it ends up under the fridge. There were about 9 pens under it last time I checked! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner