Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a nickname?

Caledonia

Practically Family
Ok, I've thought long and hard about revealing this, but what the heck. You're practically family, and who're you going to tell? :) I went by many nicknames through my school years but the one that stuck was.....:eek: , can I make that a double :eek: :eek: ...Bruiser. No, no, no, don't ask, it just was, and if I'm honest, I kind of got fond of it. Nowadays I don't have one, except for Carolina, which is a derivation, and Hun (not aka Attila) just for sweetness. :)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Caledonia said:
Ok, I've thought long and hard about revealing this, but what the heck. You're practically family, and who're you going to tell? :) I went by many nicknames through my school years but the one that stuck was.....:eek: , can I make that a double :eek: :eek: ...Bruiser. No, no, no, don't ask, it just was, and if I'm honest, I kind of got fond of it. Nowadays I don't have one, except for Carolina, which is a derivation, and Hun (not aka Attila) just for sweetness. :)

Bruiser??? You really don't look like a bruiser at all! lol

Caledonia

Practically Family
I did say don't ask! But seeing as you did.... It was all to do with walking into a door and having a plaster on my chin, and the next day having to haul up a couple of misdeaming types at school (I was a prefect if that makes sense), and I "inadvertently" lifted one bodily off the floor and pinned him 6 inches up the wall. Ask me how?!!! To this day I don't know, but I just got back in the gym, so in a few weeks - don't mess with me!:D

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh, nicknames, I've got so many, I can't remember the last time I was called by my real name (Cheryl, just in case you thought my name was Daisy)

My Granny Rae, who just turned 87 and looks amazing, calls me Cherry. Nobody else on the planet is allowed to call me this. It makes me cringe, I absolutely hate it. But, my Granny is the queen of the family, and she can call me whatever she wants. If anyone else does, I let them know that it is not to be said again.

My dad calls me cookie, I have no idea how this came about, but it's kind of endearing.

Tim (Hemingway Jones) and most of my friends here call me Spiely, short for Spielberg, this started a few years ago, after a long night of drinking. I have no idea how they chose that name, but it really stuck.

And here I'm known as Daisy, which I like as a name.
Others who don't know me as well tend to call me Cher, and some of my closest girlfriends call me C.
I really can't remember the last time someone called me Cheryl, but that's OK. When I'm out with Hemingway Jones, and he can't find me, he yells out "Spiely" and I know I'm being looked for. If he yelled out "Cheryl" he could of gotten the attention of a lot of girls!

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Since a few guys posted here, I guess this is fine.

Back in middle school I was a rather pudgy fella, thus I was more often than not refered to as "Jabba", after an unsavoury character from a far far away glaxy.
When I began using hair pomade in high school, I was sometimes refered to as "streamliner", but some fellas from the old school still used the ole moniker.
Currently I don't have a nickname... none that I know of, that is.

Novella

Practically Family
I don't have any exciting stories, I'm usually just Mal (short for Mallory). My parents will occasionally call me Mouse and sometimes Moose for no other reason than they start with M (I resemble or act like neither animal, haha). That's strictly an immediate family thing though, for the rest of the world it's Mal.

cadence

New in Town
My nickname isn't that interesting, but because alot of people find it hard to pronounce my name Cadence (pronounced: Kay-Dense) everyone calls me Cadie. Although some of my best friends family has resorted to Candy, when I asked her aunty why they call me that, she told me it was because I had blonde hair, *ahem* lets just say a large chest and a husky voice :rage: needless to say, after I had a little chat with them, the nickname Candy was dropped!!:eusa_clap

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
My nickname's Angie, short for Angela. I really prefer Angela, but because I went by Angie for so long, my boyfriend's family calls that, as do a lot of friends. [huh]

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
They call me Dottie.

Hard not to with the last name like Dotson.

And--boy oh boy--has is stuck! So much so that people are begging me to keep my last name after I get married.

And the Miss part just sorta happened. I like to think it's because I'm such a lady... :whistling

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Just a few.....
Dad used to call me Katydid....like the little green bug....
Mom and dad both called me Katie-Kathryn when I was little, so much so that when I was 3 or 4 I told people my name was Katiekathryn. My boyfriend calls me Kate and his dad started calling me Littlebit because I'm small and because he said I was a little bit of everything.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I've had dozens of nicknames over the course of my life. Most relate to either my short stature, or my red hair. The two that stick out the most in my mind are "Peanut" - what my parents and grandparents called me when I was young, and "Ham" - because I was constantly "hamming it up." One of my first dates with my husband was to a Halloween party, where we went as Mulder and Scully, a last-minute easy costume for a tall guy with dark hair and a short redhead. lol My now-FIL called me "Scully" for about 3 years after that.

My most recent acquisition is "Lola." There is a long and complicated story behind it, which sadly has nothing to do with yellow feathers or a bartender named Tony. lol In summation, it was simply a case of someone who could not recall my name, and for some reason kept insisting it was Lola (because I look like a Lola?), and then proceeded to call me Lola for the remainder of the day. You can imagine how well that caught on with everyone else present!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
My fiance calls me "Holly Cheetos" (pronounced Che-toes, with a short "e" since he's Hispanic) and actually refers to me with that name to his family. But then in return I call him "Manuel Doritoes" on occasion and the dog is "Fritos" (because his paws smell like Fritos).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana