Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a nickname?

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
Whew...

Ginger, Red, thebadmamajama (obviously), and the horrifyingly awesome "Dumplin' " from my fat baby days, and numerous plays on my crazy last name that I'll keep to me-self. :)

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
I've got a few...

Let's see, when I was born I had to be placed in an incubator for a few days, and my dad said I looked like a frog all stretched out ready to be disected, so he calls me his "Little Froggy". Thanks Dad! My first name is pronounced Shan-dra, and I was also dubbed "Chan-da Panda". During my time with a volunteer fire department I was called Tink for the large Tinkerbell tattoo I have on my lower back. I was also called "Blaze" becuase my last name is Blazek, I had red hair at the time, and well, I was on a fire department. lol I also used to do Civil War reenacting, and one of the guys also did WWII events, and he would call me "Doll". I'm not sure if that's slightly derogatoy or not, but I liked it! Most of the time, I am just called Chan or Channy.
Not my nicknames, but I always felt bad for my Aunt Alexis. Growing up and even now she has been called Sazie, Sexie Lexie, and Sex-less.

Brooksie

One Too Many
My Nick name ever since I was a baby has been "Goose", my brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles, nephews and niece all call me "Goose"... nobody but familly calls me "Goose" it just never caught on with anybody else.

I worked in an office in 2000 and my manager was from Luisiana and he called me "Little One" because I am small, When I went through truck driving school in Texas (in 2005) they all called me "Little One" or "Little Bit" and they told me that one of those names should be my Truckers Handle for the CB radio.
Now a lady I work with (she is from the south) and she calls me "Little One" so I said to her that must be a Southern thing because only people from the south call me "Little One", she agreed.

This year I dressed up as a 1920's Flapper for a Halloween party I went to and the people I was hanging out with told me I looked like "Cleopatra" and started to call me "Cleopatra"... mostly because of the dark brown bob I have and the dark eye make-up I was wearing at the time. I think I like being called "Cleopatra"!

Brooksie

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
When I wrestled in high school, the shirt I wore on match days and for warming up had a celtic warrior w/ blue tattoos on his torso riding a rearing horse. in one hand he held his shield and spears and in the other a red-headed head. Above it was written Wild Celt. The team started calling me that (and b/c I listened to bagpipes before my matches), then the fans started calling me that, and eventually the school called me that. It also lasted through the Marine Corps. I have been the WildCelt ever since.

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
Sure, I'll play...;)

I've had numerous nicknames over the years (including the obvious nonfavourites) based off my first name. My family often calls me Brick because we used to have fun by putting a "b" in front of any word that started with an "r." I had a teacher in art school who used to call me Shakespeare since I used to be involved in a Shakespearean Troupe in high school.

But my most common nickname around many parts is the variant of my handle. I picked up "binky" (with a small "b") during early art school years as a joke. Initially, the idea was that I would change names every week so no one really knew who I was. binky stuck, so along with it over the years came spins off of that: bink, binkmeister, bink-o-rama, binksnort (a fav that a dear friend refers to me as), and the like. But most everyone knows me as bink.;)

Steve

Practically Family
Steven, Steve, stevieMac, (I got into rap a few years ago, just call it a vice,) Stevie, Mallet, and MalletKAT.

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
Jake

I worked as an assistant manager years ago in a company that had the am's moving frequently among to other offices. The manager could never remember the am's names so he called them all Jake. But with me, it stuck.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well Twitch was given to me back when I was a recon Marine. In our outfit we all had monikers that related to something about each of us. The Viking was a 6'4" 240 guy that looked like a viking. Smokey, The Bull, Kid, Turkey etc., were some.

Twitch was given to me because my finger would "twitch" from nervous anticipation on the trigger guard when we were hunkered down in ambush mode waiting for Charlie.:)
th_usmcflagwaving1.gif

katiemakeup

Practically Family
My name is Katrina, but my nickname is Katie... for some odd reason everyone always ends up calling me katiecuster- one word- like, charliebrown.[huh]

GOK

One Too Many
Oh dear, this is a bit embarrassing; as a child, my Grandfather called me Princess **makes yukky screwed up face**. On reflection, I think that kind of nickname sounds ok if one happens to have a Brooklyn accent....my Grandfather, being very English however, didn't. So it just sounded a bit tacky. Bless him - he was lovely. :D

My children (I say children but they are all grown up!) call me; Toots, Mamacita and Mumschky!

My wonderful partner calls me Goddess or Divine One...even in public, which just makes me snigger! lol
Oh and some of my friends call me Lola because by way of a sarcastic retort, I once said (in mock drag queen voice);

"Oohh pass the lipgloss and call me Lola"

So they did/do...a lot! And they sing Eartha Kitt songs to me! LOL!

Avalon

A-List Customer
GOK, your children's nicknames for you are so cute. lol I took to calling my mother "Marmy", like in Little Women, and "Mamagirl" like in William Saroyan's Mama I Love You.

Rigby Reardon

One of the Regulars
ITG said:
My fiance calls me "Holly Cheetos" (pronounced Che-toes, with a short "e" since he's Hispanic) and actually refers to me with that name to his family. But then in return I call him "Manuel Doritoes" on occasion and the dog is "Fritos" (because his paws smell like Fritos).
heeheehee...boy, I've missed you, Holly! :p

Okay, fair is fair. When I was little, my parents called me Charlie...which is NOT my name. But my father and I had the same name, so to distinguish me - Charlie. They don't recall if it was for Charlie Brown or some cartoon character called something like Charlie Chalks from a vitamin commercial some time back... Even into high school, friends would call the house, ask for me, and hear my mother turn away from the phone and yell "CHARLIE!"...that usually took some explaining...

But that was a long time ago. For some reason nicknames don't hang on me, never have.

The only one that has jokingly stuck is...uh...(gulp)... Love Boat. Yeah, that Love Boat. We were out for Japanese one night w/ other couples, and somebody ELSE'S wife and I were the only ones wanting sushi that night (go figure). So we split this enormous 'boat' because it was perfect for us - she only wanted half the stuff, I wanted exactly the rest...the only problem was when our waiter brought it, he announced it's real name from the menu that we apparently had missed..."And for the happy couple, the LOVE BOAT!" ...uh-oh. To this day, that woman calls me Love Boat. In public. Ack! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points