Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you have a vintage partner? Show us your mate

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Thanks Marzipan! Now, if he'd just put a vintage ring on my finger, we'd be all set to move all the treasures we've collected in that 50's ranch I've been dreaming of! :D I do get the feeling that it's not TOO far away though.

*Schatzi*

Familiar Face
I'm very lucky to have my boy. We've been together for over six years now and even though it sounds a little strange, we've kinda grown up together in that time and our tastes for vintage things have evolved and become more refined. I think there's a HUGE difference between who were were in our early 20's and what we collected compared to who we've become and how are tastes have "backdated". After all this time, I couldn't imagine being with someone who doesn't LOVE wasting Saturdays in random, out of the way antique stores or hunting for 78's. I just wish I could find a good picture of us all snazzy, especially one where he isn't holding a guitar, but I guess these will have to do!
2ad6db27.jpg
Ms. McGraw you guys are gorgeous!!! I hope I can find my self a vintage cutie like you. :)

Incorporeal13

Familiar Face
Me and my vintage sweetheart... Excuse the crappy quality, we're not exactly living in this century when it comes to cameras, either... [huh] We also look more like we're in a monster movie in this one... and we're definitely not dolled up in all our vintage glory... but so what. :)
Picture004.jpg

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Vintage or not ... doesn't matter. At this point I'll settle for dating someone who isn't terrifyingly psychopathic, chronically depressed, obsessively religious, or irreparably alcoholic. [huh]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Yes, that is EXACTLY it! You encourage them to try on the garb, and then they get hooked too. Once they see how cool the clothes, the hats, the MUSIC and especially the old movies are, etc... its a whole new, wonderful world.

Of course Matt, being able to charm the lady on the dance floor is a HUGE plus! Men who can dance are the BEST!

Matt Deckard said:
I thought the trick was to convert the person you love.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
LocktownDog said:
Vintage or not ... doesn't matter. At this point I'll settle for dating someone who isn't terrifyingly psychopathic, chronically depressed, obsessively religious, or irreparably alcoholic. [huh]

we must go to the same places!!!
I did hear a rumour that such people DO exist, but im not convinced...:eusa_doh:

Carey...I had to teach my last x to dance...and he never did take the lead!

Someone that isnt into the vintage lifestyle is hard to convert, i think the individual needs to of have had at least a glimse of alternative lifestyles to be even dating you, otherwise they are ALL the above!

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
tempestbella42 said:
we must go to the same places!!!
I did hear a rumour that such people DO exist, but im not convinced...:eusa_doh:

Carey...I had to teach my last x to dance...and he never did take the lead!

Someone that isnt into the vintage lifestyle is hard to convert, i think the individual needs to of have had at least a glimse of alternative lifestyles to be even dating you, otherwise they are ALL the above!

I danced with a guy once, and I asked him if he was going to lead, and he got all nervous, or something. It's not like I knew the steps, so I wasn't going to be judging him! lol

I'm single, but not really looking. No one around here catches my fancy!

Edward

Bartender
You're onto a winner with most guys if you can get them to dance at all. Most either regard it as somehow effeminate to dance, or suffer from a chronic insecurity of making a fool of themselves by not being any good at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana