Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you have a vintage partner? Show us your mate

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Hello Trikeration! You all look terrific in these pics!! Nice to see some other vintage kids, our son is 13 and only has the WWII USN crackerjack jumper (shirt) that fits him, your son is lucky to have the pants too! Our daughter is 15. For our family, our son is more interested in all the vintage than our daughter is.

Trickeration said:
My husband and I met 23 years ago, and have been married 19 years. He wasn't vintage at first, but got hooked on the music about 10 years ago. When he saw the upright bass, it was love. My kids are also vintage, but for my son it's more of an occasional thing. Chris is 15 and Kat is 18.

pict1015.jpg
races14.jpg
42637774007850264007850.jpg
dsc03555mgb.jpg
dsc03650v.jpg

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Matt Deckard said:
Vintage mate? Where's the challenge in that?

I thought the trick was to convert the person you love.
now now matt you're supposed to love them for who they are not try to change them into who you want them to be.... no matter how much better everyone looks in some sweet vintage duds :D

LadyDevereaux

New in Town
No partner in crime for me....

...maybe some day! Over the rainbow perhaps? lol

Wonderful to see those lucky ones who have snagged their vintage partners tho!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Ah, fortunately my hubby was a ballroom dancer before I met him, so I got lucky on that one. He was into primarily classical music when we met and now favors big band or danceable stuff more since he's had a steady dance partner for all these years. The vintage clothing was just a very easy transition with already liking the music and films of the Golden Era, and his having worn formal wear to various dress-up occasions for many years anyway. My being encouraging about how nice he looks in his vintage duds certainly helps.

hailey greenhat said:
now now matt you're supposed to love them for who they are not try to change them into who you want them to be.... no matter how much better everyone looks in some sweet vintage duds :D

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
My chap doesn't often do the vintage thing, but he was on the night we met, which is why I fell for him!

3179483199_e54a9dd335.jpg

He's the one on the right, although obviously Torquil is my friend Minna's vintage partner, and he does dress like that all the time! :)

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
I don't actually have a decent shot of both of us when he's in his dress uniform. The second i do, i'll post it. Other wise PM me and i'll give you my facebook info and you can check us out on there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner