Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dr Mitchel, 60 years of cover ups

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
My dad was Air Force and after was released Project Blue Book all he would say was that he was involved in a small way and that there was a lot that wasn't in the report. I never could get any more information out of him.

Personally I saw something in the night sky in Little Rock in 1976 that I do not believe was a weather ballon or blimp.

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
That must be it!
MIB2.gif
MIB.gif

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
If ETs exist or dont exist its all the same to me...Im open minded to reality. I dont know if they exist but im sure thats its probable, there has to be something else other than the life on earth in the never ending universe. Some people actually believe ETs like the Grays and Reploids to be demons in disguise... I dont know if thats true but whatever is the truth ill accept it. I will never burry my head in the sand to what exists no matter if its good or evil.....i know alot of people dont believe in things that they arent used to.. but just because they dont believe in something, it doesnt mean it does not exist. I feel that maybe thats the way of some nonbelievers to cope with thier denial about what scares them. People always fear what they dont understand.

Pugs

New in Town
Dixie_Amazon said:
My dad was Air Force and after was released Project Blue Book all he would say was that he was involved in a small way and that there was a lot that wasn't in the report. I never could get any more information out of him.

That's because about 85% of the UFO's reported during PBB coincided with known U-2 tracks. At the time the U-2 was still highly classified and the USAF used "UFO" as an excuse for trained observers like airline pilots and other military pilots, for something that was seen shining 50,000 feet above their maximum ceiling. Painting the U-2's black got rid of that shine and sightings dropped dramatically but by then, and with Hollywood aboard in the science fiction era, the UFO was firmly entrenched in the list of options of unknown stuff.

In 2500 hours of military flight time I saw several things that I couldn't explain at the time but when I later thought about them or someone else saw it from a different angle it was clear what it was.

Heck of a first post for a classy place huh?:rolleyes:

Mojito

One Too Many
I think it was Arthur C Clarke who said something along the lines of "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I don't care to think about this subject lol "just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you." Logically, theres a good chance they exist. Too much empty space and theres no real reason God would include their presence in the Bible, It was focusing on life on OUR planet.

But in my "own little world" When I have enough things to worry about (robberies, murders, the economy) I don't need the extra worry, so I choose to believe they don't exist.

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
I think that, rather than aliens, they are time travelers from the future. That's why they tend to keep quiet and mainly observe, at least until the time machine inventor's children and a couple of friends decided to take it for a spin while drunk and did some strange things with the livestock and wheat fields.

(Seriously, though, from that news source, I'd have to do a lot of research into what was really said and how much spin is there).

Story

I'll Lock Up
We know they're here for the women, hiding under beds and floorboards as we speak.

Mars%20Attacks%20Trading%20Card%2017.jpg

Nyack nyack!

tuppence

Practically Family
Sertsa said:
I think that, rather than aliens, they are time travelers from the future. That's why they tend to keep quiet and mainly observe, at least until the time machine inventor's children and a couple of friends decided to take it for a spin while drunk and did some strange things with the livestock and wheat fields.

(Seriously, though, from that news source, I'd have to do a lot of research into what was really said and how much spin is there).

Yes let us know if you come upon a better news source. This one is our local and doesn't have such a good reputation.
I was wondering if they kill the whole cow and then take its' ears, or just take its ears and release them.

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
They do seem to like cow ears. Maybe they're the jewelry of the future.

Anyway, I found a better news source. This is a follow-up interview with Discovery after a similar radio show and news reports last July:

http://dsc.discovery.com/space/qa/alien-ufo-edgar-mitchell.html

Here's an excerpt:

IK: Well first of all thanks very much for making a little time. I wanted to ask you if there was anything about the radio interview you did that was different from what you've said in the past.

EM: No, there's nothing different. Several of (the reports of the interview) that I've seen come around have some flaws in them. Some of the reports pushed it or spun it incorrectly. NASA had nothing to do with anything I've done. I wasn't briefed by NASA. There haven't been any sightings as a result of my flight service there, so if that part of it comes out on anything you've seen it is just totally wrong.

IK: Yes, I did want to clarify that.

EM: My major knowledge comes from what I call the old-timers, people who were at Roswell and subsequent who wanted to clear the things up and tell somebody credible even though they were under severe threats and things -- this was back in the Roswell days. Having gone to the moon and being a local citizen out in the Roswell area some of them thought I would be a safe choice to tell their story to, which they did. Even though the government put real clamps on everybody, it got out anyhow.

Subsequent to that, I did take my story to the Pentagon -- not NASA, but the Pentagon -- and asked for a meeting with the Intelligence Committee of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and got it. And told them my story and what I know and eventually had that confirmed by the admiral that I spoke with, that indeed what I was saying was true.

IK: You mean what had been told to you was true?

EM: Yup, in other words. There was a UFO crash. There was an alien spacecraft. This gentleman tried his damndest to get me in and like so many others in the administration over the last 60 years, since JFK's time, was unable to. He was told 'Admiral, you don't have a need to know, and therefore go get lost,' essentially.​

tuppence

Practically Family
I was reading another "reputable womans magazine", I believe it was New Idea a.k.a as No Idea, that had a report about u.f.o sightings in Australia.
The place that reported the most sightings was a country area where my father happens to live, He also happens to own a cattle stud. So I've ever since been asking him to check if the cows had their ears.

Your jewelery theory is quite credible, they must have got this idea from humans as, the other day while browsing the internet I saw a lovely real mink head broach and matching fur earrings.

Well it's a bit of shame that Dr Mitchel never saw anything himself, but thanks for finding that link.

tuppence

Practically Family
Warbaby said:
I wouldn't mind a little mass hysteria now and then, just for the fun of it...

I believe they have already invaded Tasmania without much Hysteria, they blended in with the locals immediately.:)
It's an Australian joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes