Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I bought something via ebay from a seller who is less than 200 miles away in the same state. USPS tracking shows it’s been in San Francisco for almost 30 days! I opened a case with the post office and here is their reply:

D293F6E0-D166-4165-9A76-FBD86839A96D.jpeg

So it’s been stationary for a month but it isn’t lost or stolen. I’m all for being reasonable during these exceptional times, but what does this mean? At what point do they say it’s lost? If six months from now it’s still showing it’s in transit in San Francisco what do we do? I don’t blame the seller and I don’t want a refund.

What a predicament, but I also realize it’s a first-world problem. My completely frivolous self indulgent luxury purchase has been delayed! Luckily my wife helps me to keep things in perspective.

I bought something via ebay from a seller who is less than 200 miles away in the same state. USPS tracking shows it’s been in San Francisco for almost 30 days! I opened a case with the post office and here is their reply:

View attachment 250094

So it’s been stationary for a month but it isn’t lost or stolen. I’m all for being reasonable during these exceptional times, but what does this mean? At what point do they say it’s lost? If six months from now it’s still showing it’s in transit in San Francisco what do we do? I don’t blame the seller and I don’t want a refund.

What a predicament, but I also realize it’s a first-world problem. My completely frivolous self indulgent luxury purchase has been delayed! Luckily my wife helps me to keep things in perspective.
This happened to me last year with a hat coming from the west coast. The tracking stopped at the first postal location for about 30 days. I got the same type of response. The one day out of the blue the tracking Lit up coming through Jacksonville and arrived the next day.

View attachment 250094

I bought some hat ribbon from an Ebay seller just over the border in Washington state. The parcel sent USPS went first to the sorting depot in San Francisco, then slowly worked its way back up the coast to me. The seller could have met me at the border and thrown the parcel to me (dangerous, I know!)

View attachment 250094

I know exactly how you feel and it's tough not to get disheartened by it, first world problem or not. There's a package sitting somewhere with your name on it and now all it needs is a postal worker with enough sense to actually send it on its way. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Yes, I had shamefully offered the seller a very low price based on the small size; the hat sold for more than we both figured. Another on for the files.

Now to watch that Dobbs.

I know exactly how you feel and it's tough not to get disheartened by it, first world problem or not. There's a package sitting somewhere with your name on it and now all it needs is a postal worker with enough sense to actually send it on its way. That shouldn't be too much to ask.
I’m hanging on to hope for the packages arrive for both of you.

source.gif

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 250094

The virus seems to be the latest excuse for incompetence. I think we are all understanding and patient to a degree.

georgie girl

One of the Regulars

exactly the opposite problem that I am having. No problem once it actually gets to the PO, but I really abhor it when ebay sellers print up the label right away and then wait a week or more to finally get it in the post. Of course, it's true that not everyone has a 20 PO within a 15 mile radius of their home.

Shoot, it almost looks like two hats stacked in the one pic. If so, I could have kept the 7 1/4 on the bottom and sent the top one to you!

I also wonder if that pug/ribbon is original.

Yeah, maybe we should have tag teamed this one.

The way the pug has been attached, it looks like a later addition to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner