Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Dreispitz said:
mayserwegener said:
I found the tag underneath the sweatband. Maybe, you have a similar one.

The liner is glued in. This could be an indication of the maker. It should be either Wegener or Mayser. Both companies did licence production. The liner of my US St. Regis of the same period is sewen in.

It will be interesting to see what mine looks like (hasn't arrived yet). I know that my late 50s early 60s Mayser and Wegeners have sewn in liners. I would guess the glued liners start some time in the mid to late 60s.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Lefty said:
It's the reverse bold look, yet it doesn't seem so subdued to me.

"The binding is barely visible on the top of the brim, but very prominent on the underside; Seen from the side and the rear it’s a wide band of color."

Interesting too is that the "Bold Look" hat has a grey brim binding coupled with a brown hat so it matches the grey suit. This is a good example for those of us who might want a custom hat that would go with both grey and brown.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
kaosharper1 said:
Interesting too is that the "Bold Look" hat has a grey brim binding coupled with a brown hat so it matches the grey suit. This is a good example for those of us who might want a custom hat that would go with both grey and brown.

Or a vintage hat...

I'm currently wearing a purple and black silk 'bowling' (think vertical) shirt. I think I'd wear almost any colored hat or binding with it. :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
cptjeff said:
Yeah, I saw that listed and figured there was no way. They simply didn't make them anywhere near that large. Any size 8 would have almost certainly been custom.

And the lack of a real measurement kept me away from even considering it.

What size hat do you wear?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Rusty, I'm glad to see you getting another vintage lid to go with your wonderful modern customs. Congrats on the Strat'!

---------

Buler, you've gotta' be happy with those two. Thanks for showing us the details. Great hats to look at.

RBH

Bartender
HarpPlayerGene said:
Rusty, I'm glad to see you getting another vintage lid to go with your wonderful modern customs. Congrats on the Strat'!

---------

Buler, you've gotta' be happy with those two. Thanks for showing us the details. Great hats to look at.
Thanks Buddy!
i am hoping the color is like your Stratoliner.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:
I remember a war in the early '60s, but I thought it was in Southeast Asia.

Spanish-American War hat on ebay

This will end up being like the guy who has a fake Babe Ruth signed baseball on his mantle. Ignorance is bliss.
That sweatband is from a period closer to the war you are remembering.
Hard to nail it down in such poor condition with such poor pictures,
but I'd bet 70s. 1970s, that is. But who knows? Maybe someone put a
new sweatband in an old hat?

I sure do wish I could get ahold of some of those Span-am-style
vent fans, though.

Mr. Paladin

billyspew said:
Just won my first Adam Derby for 77cents under my maximum!

Interesting bow on this one:
317353612_o.jpg

Billy, you are collecting quite the well-rounded Adam stash with the derby, homburg, straw/s, and fedoras! :eusa_clap

BobC

RBH said:
I have to fess up... it was me. :D
I put in what I thought was a high bid.
I really thought this Stratoliner would go for way better than 200.
Anyway I dont think for the size it was to bad... we will see when it gets home.

Hey, Rusty, Nice one! I've been trying to stay away from this thread and from the bay, but I had to take a peak at that one. Congrats, good color too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart