Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

RBH

Bartender
Lefty said:

Mario said:
Cheap? He calls $182 cheap... :eek:

Well. Considering those big noggins of you guys, this may actually be cheap. I've seen other hats go for well over $400... :p

With my size (and budget), this would be a lot of dough, though, especially with the added S&H fees to the hat over to Germany and then, of course, there is our beloved import sales tax... :mad:

Good thing I'm 6 7/8... :D

cookie said:
Your not wrong...I paid USD280 for my grey one and it was a fat 23 1/8!

kaosharper1 said:
To give you an idea of the difference, I bought my daughter a 6 7/8 Borsalino for $25. I saw the exact same hat go for north of $200 in a 7 3/8.

I have to fess up... it was me. :D
I put in what I thought was a high bid.
I really thought this Stratoliner would go for way better than 200.
Anyway I dont think for the size it was to bad... we will see when it gets home.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Anyway I dont think for the size it was to bad... we will see when it gets home.

Why am I not amazed...? :D

Congrats on that hat, Rusty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

billysmom

One Too Many
RBH said:

Well done, Rusty. This one will look fantastic on you!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

buler

I'll Lock Up
Kimball Royal Quality

Fished this off the bay along with another one from the same seller. I already had the boxes, but was glad to add a Kimball Royal Quality to them. Wide brim binding and fancy liner. Reminds me of an Adam in person. Interesting how the top pic (in sunlight) brought out a blue tint to the hat.

B

kimball_9.jpg

kimball_1.jpg

Kimball_2_alt.jpg

kimball_5.jpg

kimball_6.jpg

RBH

Bartender
buler said:
Fished this off the bay along with another one from the same seller. I already had the boxes, but was glad to add a Kimball Royal Quality to them. Wide brim binding and fancy liner. Reminds me of an Adam in person. Interesting how the top pic (in sunlight) brought out a blue tint to the hat.

B

kimball_9.jpg

kimball_1.jpg

Kimball_2_alt.jpg

kimball_5.jpg

kimball_6.jpg

Very nice. I really like that keeper on the bow.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Soft & Lite

Second hat from same seller is a dandy. It is THE lightest hat I've ever had except for a montecristi. Nothing to identify maker unless the "Soft & Lite" is something someone remembers from another hat. Great color and medium ribbon. I've seen that style size tag elsewhere...just can't recall what hat.

B

lite_1.jpg

lite_2.jpg

lite_3.jpg

lite_4.jpg

lite_5.jpg

lite_6.jpg

lite_8.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
buler said:

B

kimball_9.jpg

Holy smokes Buler! That's a beauty! I might even go so far as to call it a stonker!!

But are you sure it fits in that box??

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:

B

Kimball_2_alt.jpg

The whole geometry of that hat is great. The brim swoop, the upturn in back, the brim width, and ribbon, all mesh perfectly with the crown and dents. Not even to mention that cool ribbon! Beautiful! :eusa_clap

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
I won this German made Stetson Homburg for just under $10.00. I am not sure who made it (Wegener?) but I am thinking late 50s. Any input appreciated.

4088897341_b33c246c4e_o.jpg

Could well be by Wegener. They did make Stetsons. Interesting, that there is the 3x beaver present. In essence, it is a St. Regis, no? By the way, you got it for a great price!

Here are pictures of my German made Stetson for comparison:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
buler said:

It's the reverse bold look, yet it doesn't seem so subdued to me.

"The binding is barely visible on the top of the brim, but very prominent on the underside; Seen from the side and the rear it’s a wide band of color."
web.jpg

Dreispitz said:
mayserwegener said:
I won this German made Stetson Homburg for just under $10.00. I am not sure who made it (Wegener?) but I am thinking late 50s. Any input appreciated.

4088897341_b33c246c4e_o.jpg

Could well be by Wegener. They did make Stetsons. Interesting, that there is the 3x beaver present. In essence, it is a St. Regis, no? By the way, you got it for a great price!

Here are pictures of my German made Stetson for comparison:

I am hoping it runs a little big since I normally wear a 59cm and this is a 58cm.

I have no idea how it fits into the US made Stetson lineup. Also how it relates to your German made Premier. Is there anything in your Premier that points to the manufacturer / date? I know Wegener also made Resistols.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
Dreispitz said:
I am hoping it runs a little big since I normally wear a 59cm and this is a 58cm.

I have no idea how it fits into the US made Stetson lineup. Also how it relates to your German made Premier. Is there anything in your Premier that points to the manufacturer / date? I know Wegener also made Resistols.

I found the tag underneath the sweatband. Maybe, you have a similar one.

The liner is glued in. This could be an indication of the maker. It should be either Wegener or Mayser. Both companies did licence production. The liner of my US St. Regis of the same period is sewen in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou