Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
I won this Peschel hat holder that is shaped like a hat.

4426645785_c0efe2f7c0_o.gif

I have another one but in a different color (in use).

4426679863_cc929350ac.jpg

That's brilliant Mayser - The original bucket hat!

Or hat bucket [huh]

Stick it in the hatbox thread. Now I want one.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Cracker said:
I got the Stetson 50 7X Open Road tonight. It's silverbelly, but shows tan in the photos. Incredibly quick shipping, thanks so much, Scott F. Holy crap, I'm in love with this hat.

IMG_8574.jpg

IMG_8568.jpg

IMG_8582.jpg

I love that hat too.I was one of the other bidders.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Ephraim Tutt said:
That's brilliant Mayser - The original bucket hat!

Or hat bucket [huh]

Stick it in the hatbox thread. Now I want one.

Thanks! I have some other display items. I am always on the look out for this type of stuff.

Ande1964

Practically Family
I am Doomed

I cannot believe I didn't win this hat for what I bid (I was the second highest bidder). I woke up this morning and checked on the esnipe result, and my heart just sank.

I have wanted a nice vintage Open Road since I first got into hats, and it just seems destined not to be. I have a nice Stetson 50, but it doesn't actually carry the OR name. Doesn't quite scratch the itch.

I'll keep looking, I guess. Thanks for enduring my whining. Cue the violins.

Anj

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did'ja a favor. That price seems insane for a 3x, IMO. I'm sure you have already heard this but don't overlook all the clones, Resistols, Dobbs Westward, Borsalino Alessandria and so on. Keep on lookin'. You'll hook one.

Ande1964 said:
I cannot believe I didn't win this hat for what I bid (I was the second highest bidder). I woke up this morning and checked on the esnipe result, and my heart just sank.

I have wanted a nice vintage Open Road since I first got into hats, and it just seems destined not to be. I have a nice Stetson 50, but it doesn't actually carry the OR name. Doesn't quite scratch the itch.

I'll keep looking, I guess. Thanks for enduring my whining. Cue the violins.

Anj

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I have no answer, but thank you for bringing this to my attention.lol lol lol lol

"But for the fellows that are easily offended by the smell of smoke, etc...I strongly suggest that you stay away from vintage hats or clothing unless you can sniff it for yourself, or ask before you buy. And please don't bid on my hats, because I can't tell you what they smell like."

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
portolan said:
so expensive? It sold for over $300. It looks nice. I love the style. I am trying to figure out why it went for so much? Can someone enlighten me?

An uninformed buyer.

That's a shame...

Ande1964

Practically Family
Wow

I need to start doing some Western conversions to flip!

That hat selling in the same range as the like-new, 1952 3X Open Road I lost out on is... well, odd.

Anj

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Lefty said:
I have no answer, but thank you for bringing this to my attention.lol lol lol lol

"But for the fellows that are easily offended by the smell of smoke, etc...I strongly suggest that you stay away from vintage hats or clothing unless you can sniff it for yourself, or ask before you buy. And please don't bid on my hats, because I can't tell you what they smell like."

That is awesome.lol

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Huzzah to the seller. I don't see anything deceptive in his auction and his other listings look like they're heading toward the same high price.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Huzzah to the seller. I don't see anything deceptive in his auction and his other listings look like they're heading toward the same high price.

I'm not with you on this one, Lefty. I think those auctions are fairly deceptive. Hawking those absolutely modern Hatco lids as "vintage" Stetsons, including info that suggests that they may be from the 1940's, is an absolute scam in my book. :mad:

Of course, his "custom" treatment is a crime against hats, but that's another issue...:rolleyes:

Cheers,
JtL

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
I'm not with you on this one, Lefty. I think those auctions are fairly deceptive. Hawking those absolutely modern Hatco lids as "vintage" Stetsons, including info that suggests that they may be from the 1940's, is an absolute scam in my book. :mad:

Of course, his "custom" treatment is a crime against hats, but that's another issue...:rolleyes:

Cheers,
JtL
Also states "worn once and put away (well kept) for decades" and "The felt is 5X beaver fur"- not Quality- amongst other deceptive comments if not outright lies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy