Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
Happy Birthday! Glad I resisted temptation on that one.

Thanks! I had a tough time laying off that Cavanagh as well.

Scott <=== real close to hat equilibrium

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:

Good ol' John Cavanagh. That's the one. There is no patent number on the clip, but it matches the design seen in Fig. 6. I'm not convinced it really holds the ends of the sweatband together, but the seam is taped, so it seems to be mainly for decoration.

I don't think we've seen these clips on other Hat Corporation of America brands of the period, so it appears Cavanagh kept them exclusive to his own hats.

Brad

Michaelshane

One Too Many
ScottF said:
Fabulous hat, Robert.

I picked up this Borso as a birthday present to myself. I've always wanted to see a roll-up close-up:

!Btq7W9QBWk~$(KGrHqUH-EMEvc+P5H+LBL89bnqzww~~_12.JPG

roll-up Borso
I was second place on that one.....:(

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Aureliano said:
I was third. Got snipped after putting my bid in the last few seconds. :(

If it makes you feel any better, I sniped at 5 seconds (as I always do). If I bid 'manually', it's also at 5 seconds. The result is exactly the same.

My snipe was $126 and I didn't expect to win.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
If it makes you feel any better, I sniped at 5 seconds (as I always do). If I bid 'manually', it's also at 5 seconds. The result is exactly the same.

My snipe was $126 and I didn't expect to win.

I bid less than that at 5 seconds so I suffered two mortal shots:kick: If it doesn't fit you and then Michaelshane, please let me know.:eek:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've seen much worse. I figure 10 minutes with a sponge and five minutes with a steamer and it'll be good as new. I never pass on a 7x if the size is close and the price is reasonable- they make every stratoliner, every whippet look like junk in comparison.

blixa00

One of the Regulars
I agree with you about the quality of the 7X felt...I was the number two bidder on that particular Stetson!! Nice win for you...I hope you'll wear it often!!lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace