Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mayser Homburg

I just won this old gray Mayser Homburg on a tip by Mario. It is supposedly a rare size 62 cm so I will put it up for sale. It has some staining on the bottom that I can hopefully fix but other than that looks to be in very good condition.

4632805088_032e0a04f4_o.gif

4632805276_7bb45201d8_o.gif

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WHOA!

Mr E Train said:
Somebody got a nice big Borsalino OR-style for a good price. I was watching it, but I got so busy with household chores today that I just plain forgot about it. Needs some reshaping and cleaning, but otherwise very nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320533851354

phil153.jpg

Fifty three bux...:eusa_doh: I never wanna hear a fat-head whine again about how difficult it is to find vintage, man oh man that's a great score!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
I just won this old gray Mayser Homburg on a tip by Mario. It is supposedly a rare size 62 cm so I will put it up for sale. It has some staining on the bottom that I can hopefully fix but other than that looks to be in very good condition.

4632805088_032e0a04f4_o.gif

4632805276_7bb45201d8_o.gif

Steve - I kept watching this, hoping it would be you who'd win it. Great score! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

To me those marks on the bottom look like moth tracks rather than staining. Who knows? [huh]

Mario said:
Steve - I kept watching this, hoping it would be you who'd win it. Great score! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

To me those marks on the bottom look like moth tracks rather than staining. Who knows? [huh]

Yes that could end up being the case. I am looking forward to taking a closer look.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
I was watching that Barbisio. What do you think on the dating? I was thinking 60s maybe early 70s.
I haven't seen the liner or size tag before. The crown and brim seem larger than typical for that time range although that would otherwise be my guess. Could be a mid 50's.[huh]

rlk said:
I haven't seen the liner or size tag before. The crown and brim seem larger than typical for that time range although that would otherwise be my guess. Could be a mid 50's.[huh]

Yes it has a older look to it. The size tag looks similar to a Botta (Swiss / Italian) hat I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou