Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mario said:
I actually did.

Just wanted to post the auction photos, but knowing you I thought it might be a good idea to see if you've already posted them before me.

You actually did. :D

I'm keen to find out what size the hat really is. Seller stated there was no tag so he measured the circumference himself... :eusa_doh:

The funny thing is that those last two purchases (both of them really old hats) do not exactly conform to my just recently established buy-only-if-you're-absolutely-sure-you'll-need-it policy... :rolleyes:

Congrats! :eusa_clap I think for the cost they are a win - win situation. I very much interesed in seeing this latest one in detail.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Congrats! :eusa_clap I think for the cost they are a win - win situation. I very much interesed in seeing this latest one in detail.

Thanks!

Yes, of course you're right: at that price they are a great win anyway. Especially the velour one. If it's too small - well, I could just sit there and cuddle it and stroke it... :p :D

Mario said:
Thanks!

Yes, of course you're right: at that price they are a great win anyway. Especially the velour one. If it's to small - well, I could just sit there and cuddle it and stroke it... :p :D

Or send it my way so I can do the same! :)

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
jeffconnors said:
;) ;) ;)
If I ever was to participate in shifty goings on such as that I WOULD AT LEAST OFFER A PRICE CLOSE TO WHAT THE THING IS WORTH!

I don't ever make an offer when I ask if there is a BIN price.

First rule of price bargaining is make the seller set the starting point. If he comes in under what you are willing to pay, you both win. If he is over what you are willing to pay you start negotiating. You can still both win.

M. E. G. & C. (German) Boater?

Speaking of BINs. I just landed this old M. E. G. & C. (German) straw as a BIN. I couldn't find anything on the company but I am thinking it has to be 1930s or older. It has a Boater like look but not the typical straw - weave. Any ideas? I am hoping based on the given measuments it will actually fit. :)

!Bv!UwYwEGk~$(KGrHqYOKjQEvV,zSBg8BMC2SpfLgQ~~_12.JPG

!Bv!VBOwCGk~$(KGrHqUOKkUEvuEDCLOcBMC2T7Nc9g~~_12.JPG

Mr E Train

One Too Many
There's one on eBay right now that's very similar. I'm keeping to the old ways, so I won't link to it. ;) But I did link to it in a moment of weakness in the Boater Faction thread.:eek:

Mr E Train said:
There's one on eBay right now that's very similar. I'm keeping to the old ways, so I won't link to it. ;) But I did link to it in a moment of weakness in the Boater Faction thread.:eek:

Thanks! It does look similar but I don't follow the Panama connection that seller is making.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
It does look similar but I don't follow the Panama connection that seller is making.

More than likely they just don't know any better. There's another more standard looking boater they have for sale, and they have it listed as a "Panama boater" as well.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Ditto for me.

I understand the reasons that the Bartenders have elected to take a new approach.

That being said, even though posting of live eBay auctions is now permitted, I intend to follow the old policy. :)

Cheers,
JtL

DITTO (on the 2nd paragraph).

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
the other 3 Hat Life magazines (none mine)
one
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/5/7/5/8/0/webimg/377970588_tp.jpg[/IMG]

two
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/5/7/5/8/0/webimg/377970355_tp.jpg[/IMG]

three
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/5/7/5/8/0/webimg/377970489_tp.jpg[/IMG]
OK, I got the first two, but once the news was out the other three all went higher than I was willing to pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn