Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Sorry, sorry!! I had posted it because I though since it was so high priced already, no one would from here would be bidding on it. I was thinking it was filed under the 'special exclusions' category because I could foresee the price going crazy high. Apparently there's still some raw nerves on the issue, so please accept my humble apologies for this little hiccup. :eek: :eek:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Wilby?

4707838274_e45b830cd9_b.jpg
4707838328_f580d0e112.jpg

Came up empty when researching this store(I presume though could be a hatter).

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
This one left me scratching my head. Seller with questionable feedback, weak photos and description, AND Stetson mode edge fedoras haven't been going for anywhere near this much recently.

It's a weird hat market at the moment.

Stetson Twenty Mode Edge

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
ScottF said:
This one left me scratching my head. Seller with questionable feedback, weak photos and description, AND Stetson mode edge fedoras haven't been going for anywhere near this much recently.

It's a weird hat market at the moment.

Stetson Twenty Mode Edge

NOW you tell me..... lol The seller was quick to respond to my questions, even though he didn't post the questions/answers. I didn't think my bid was all that high considering the age (fractional size tag) and Sovereign designation. I'm cautiously optimistic.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Salty O'Rourke said:
NOW you tell me..... lol The seller was quick to respond to my questions, even though he didn't post the questions/answers. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I thought I might get it cheap - had a $55 snipe on it, but was a little nervous for the reasons posted above.

But...the Stetson Twenty Mode Edge really nice - if it's in good condition (supple sweat, no mothing) and the brim is a decent width, you've got a great hat. And as we've said before here, the 'cav edge' process is extinct, and the old Stetson felt (especially Twenty) is also unmatched today, so they are certainly worth whatever you pay, regardless of the market.

Sorry to cause you angst :eusa_doh:

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
ScottF said:
I thought I might get it cheap - had a $55 snipe on it, but was a little nervous for the reasons posted above.

But...the Stetson Twenty Mode Edge really nice - if it's in good condition (supple sweat, no mothing) and the brim is a decent width, you've got a great hat. And as we've said before here, the 'cav edge' process is extinct, and the old Stetson felt (especially Twenty) is also unmatched today, so they are certainly worth whatever you pay, regardless of the market.

Sorry to cause you angst :eusa_doh:

I've had a little luck lately, so if the hat gods want to put me in my place with a dud, I guess I can accept it and move on - but we'll see...:)

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
Salty O'Rourke said:
I've had a little luck lately, so if the hat gods want to put me in my place with a dud, I guess I can accept it and move on - but we'll see...:)

I wouldn't worry about it Salt. Looks like a beaut. Kinda similar to this one I just won. An old 40's Worthington. Can't wait to fix it up. Albeit, mine needs a little more work than yours does.

Worthington.jpg

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Salty O'Rourke said:
NOW you tell me..... lol The seller was quick to respond to my questions, even though he didn't post the questions/answers. I didn't think my bid was all that high considering the age (fractional size tag) and Sovereign designation. I'm cautiously optimistic.
I have a sage green one just like that,It's a great high quality hat.It's actually much better than any of my high priced Whippets.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
I have a sage green one just like that,It's a great high quality hat.It's actually much better than any of my high priced Whippets.

How can a bucket hat be better than a Whippet?

:eusa_doh:

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Salty O'Rourke said:

One thing I'm sure of... that is one DEAD hat! Four snipers in 2 seconds.

I had my finger on the trigger...

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy