Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Rlk, have you found anything about the dates used for the various exhibition medals? I'd really like to know more about them.

Lexy, that's a nice pick-up at a great price.

Vic, did you just get these, or are they older wins that you've just photographed? Either way, :eusa_clap.

JtL, did you plant that question in my mind?

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
What do you suppose those little dots are under the logo inside the crown?...

:D

Bit of an adventure for me- my second venture into ebay hats, and here you are making me nervous. lol

K. u. K. HOF- HUTFABRIKANTEN HALBAN & DAMASK, WIEN

K. u. K. HOF- HUTFABRIKANTEN HALBAN & DAMASK, WIEN

I won this very unique old Austrian brass hat display stand.

UHREN%20092-750.jpg

UHREN%20098-750.jpg

UHREN%20095-750.jpg

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
OK, so now I know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110558247976&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The hat arrived today. Really nice 3X Beaver, Vita-Felt, Crafted Edge, 7 1/8 Long Oval...

BUT IT ISN'T BROWN! Not even brownish. A nice dark gray with greenish overtones and the hat band is a really dark purple (eggplant?) that goes well. BUT I wanted a BROWN hat!

I know it is hard to get the colors right in a photo but really, the word "brown" doesn't look anything like the word "gray". The title said Brown, the description said Brown. HFHII to tell the difference?

OK, end of rant. In case you couldn't tell I am really disappointed!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
BanjoMerlin said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110558247976&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The hat arrived today. Really nice 3X Beaver, Vita-Felt, Crafted Edge, 7 1/8 Long Oval...

BUT IT ISN'T BROWN! Not even brownish. A nice dark gray with greenish overtones and the hat band is a really dark purple (eggplant?) that goes well. BUT I wanted a BROWN hat!

I know it is hard to get the colors right in a photo but really, the word "brown" doesn't look anything like the word "gray". The title said Brown, the description said Brown. HFHII to tell the difference?

Sorry to hear it didn't match up to your expectations, but perhaps the seller suffers from some form of color-blindess.

Brad

W4ASZ

Practically Family
BanjoMerlin said:

The Seller's "out" is that in the ad he says he isn't an expert. :D

It looks like a nice hat and a good deal, irrespective.

donnc

One of the Regulars
BanjoMerlin said:
HFHII to tell the difference?

It's easy, but you need daylight. If there's brown in it, and you're limited to incandescent light for example, anything with brown in it will be brown.* I have a Stetson western that's much greener than this, but perfectly brown under incandescent.

If I were your size I'd be envious, I like the color more than "brown."

* (Edit) I mean, there's defective vision, there's inexperience with colors, etc., but if your light source doesn't bring out anything but the brown, then everyone's going to see brown. This suggests a solution: wear the hat strictly under artificial light!

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
donnc said:
It's easy, but you need daylight. If there's brown in it, and you're limited to incandescent light for example, anything with brown in it will be brown. I have a Stetson western that's much greener than this, but perfectly brown under incandescent.

If I were your size I'd be envious, I like the color more than "brown."

The thing is, there isn't any brown in this hat at all. I've looked at it under every type of light and I just don't know how anyone could have possibly chosen "brown" as the color. I guess maybe the person who does the listings doesn't actually look at the items.

It is such a nice hat and I paid so little for it, but I have absolutely nothing to go with it. With a black jacket the hat looks green (but not good). With a brown jacket it looks really bad. If I had a forest green jacket I think it would look great. It would probably look good with a gray jacket but I don't have one of those either.

And I already have too many gray hats.

Oh well.

W4ASZ

Practically Family
The correct matching item will come to you, perhaps at the Goodwill.

You have released your anger, now accept that Fate has decreed that you have this hat, and that everything will become clear to you, in time.

To be completely honest, I've scored a couple of pigs on da Bay. You did much better ! :)

imanav8r

New in Town
Couple ebay autions

I have a couple auctions up - selling on behalf of someone else who has set the prices, so they're not my doing :)

1) Small Brown 40's Whippet (6 3/4 - in case you have a child/younger person who wants a nice lid.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250669421120&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

2) Size 7 Grey 40's Whippet - if anyone's looking - practically brand new.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250671352431&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

These were found in a Men's Wear store storage room when it closed 20 years ago, and have been stored since. Have lots of other types/colours/sizes, so if anyone is looking for something specific, let me know!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
YES

imanav8r said:
I have a couple auctions up - selling on behalf of someone else who has set the prices, so they're not my doing :)

1) Small Brown 40's Whippet (6 3/4 - in case you have a child/younger person who wants a nice lid.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250669421120&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

2) Size 7 Grey 40's Whippet - if anyone's looking - practically brand new.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250671352431&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

These were found in a Men's Wear store storage room when it closed 20 years ago, and have been stored since. Have lots of other types/colours/sizes, so if anyone is looking for something specific, let me know!

YES! Anything w/ a thin ribbon, a Stratoliner perhaps or an Open Road anywhere from 7 1/4 - 7 1/2. Thanks for asking! Or a Whippet too... and a Stetsonian, a vita-felt, a Stetson 3-way, a Stetson V, a Stetson Imperial, a Stetson 100... and so on!
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn