Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
You didn't get the memo? Michael Jacksons were the new Whippet, but the new thing is the 100 box. Sheesh man, get with it. :p

buler

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
You didn't get the memo? Michael Jacksons were the new Whippet, but the new thing is the 100 box. Sheesh man, get with it. :p

Ahhh, along that line the next huge thing will be Whippet boxes....

B

whippet_box_2.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I recently passed on one at an estate sale, because they told me that I had to buy the modern derby that was in it, for a total of $30. While the box is interesting, I'm not a fan of the flimsy boxes, and who needs a modern derby?

jamespowers said:
The Homburg looks like it almost has reverse taper. Good score there. :eusa_clap

Thanks! :) I am very interested to get my hands on this one. It should arrive late next week.

Edit: I looked again I now I am thinking Bowler on the second one.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
BanjoMerlin said:
That would be because your tolerance for "uncertain" colors is higher than mine. Looks like a good one though.
Its definitely in the medium light Gray range[huh] Hoping for photo #1 but predicting #2 since the whites and colors in general look accurate as well as the exposure.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here

barrowjh

One Too Many
Strange Stagecoach

I won this Resistol Stagecoach and it arrived yesterday.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130404617900&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
The color per the hat's tag was Cordova, which I presumed to be cordovan, or a reddish brown. I thought it might be a version of oxblood, but when I got it out of the box, it was just a dark brown. The previous owner had put a deep telescope in it, so deep, I couldn't pull it down on my head, so my initial task was to push that telescope out. It was tough work, requiring liberal application of scotch. I woke up this morning, and here is this flared crown Resistol!
IMG_1477.jpg

If that wasn't already strange enough, the top of the crown is really wierd.
IMG_1478.jpg

I can't figure out how that happened, one strange stagecoach.
IMG_1479.jpg

;) maybe this Stagecoach needs to ride through Covington so the Major can straighten out this crazy thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails