Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I Call Shenanigans!

Shenanigans!

6' 4" LBJ bid NOT wear a bitsy size 7!

I wrote the seller

Me- Dear gtjack09,

"The real Lyndon Johnson was a mover, a driver, a charmer, a bully -- six feet four inches tall with a size 7-3/8 Stetson hat"

here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/transcript/lbj-transcript/

Reply-
"Glad to see you read the biography.

- gtjack09"

I can only presume he meant "...you (can) read the biography."
A shabby smart-arssed reply in either case, from an obvious conman, in my estimation

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
He even slips a little in his ad.

Capture-6_zps7fb3c997.jpg

Rick Blaine

Oh...my,

The box is marked 7 1/4.

He told me to "FO" whatever THAT means, (you crazy kids & your int-er-net Hrummph, I understand it is simply a "series of tubes".)
Anyway, it doesn't strike me as a tone to get a deal done; viz -a $2k counterfeit!
This guy is ten steaming lbs. in a five lbs. sack!

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

On a lighter note

Just got this Vintage Christy's foldable, crushable, packable fur felt.

the brim is about 1/8" inside my limit at 2 1/4", but I am trying to expand, eh?
Looks like a bit of a stretch w/ some brushing & lexol should bring this 'un back. Hope so anyway.

Rick Blaine

One more recent acquisition

A Royal Deluxe, mid ribbon western-

It has the blood red liner & a wide BLACK sweat. From Miller Stockman. I intend to stretch one size & put in a teardrop crease.

Anyone wanna speculate on a possible age?

Last edited:

jskeen

One of the Regulars
lots of unsold goodies today
lonely Portis, 7

Thanks for the tip Lefty, turns out the guy that listed that and this;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Portis-Fedora-Super-Lux-/121092409112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c31ab8718&nma=true&si=KklD%252Bw4p4UF3koNdBCPqIFAJ%252Bd8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Lives across town, and I'm thinking about meeting him this weekend to look at both of them. What's the group opinion of the "Pair 'O Portises", or would that be "Portii", or maybe "Portum"?

The Rag And Bone Man

One of the Regulars
Here are a couple of ebay finds, that I have had for a while.. the English bowler, sadly did not fit but I only paid 12 dollars for it, and the harris tweed cap one of my favourites, was from ebay Uk that cost about 20 pound, a lovely quality cap at what I thought was a great price. hat6.jpg hat7.jpg hat4.jpg tweed 8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran