Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

carter

I'll Lock Up

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Some pretty interesting auctions ended today.
This lot included a 7 3/8 Stratoliner + 4 unidentified hats. For $171, that's a pretty fantastic deal, even for just the Strat (assuming good condition).
ad83_1.JPG
b338_1.JPG

This one surprised me a bit. 7 1/2 LO for under $75. That's another great deal.
lg_MVC_007F_9.jpg
lg_MVC_001F_2.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Lefty, I was interested in the Strat and even read that it was part of a lot of 5 hats. Why I didn't ask the seller what the other 4 were is beyond me. :eusa_doh: [huh]
I hope someone here won that auction so we can see what the other 4 were.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
and the seller had 25 other lots of 5. They could have made so much more with a little more work.

The other lots were of women's hats--at least, the ones that were posted when I checked them out.

I watched that Stratoliner. It stayed at $171 for a while. I expected a flurry of last minute bidding. I'd considered a bid, but figured I'd pushed my luck with the Spousal Unit with the blue-grey one.:eek:

Cheers,
Tom

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Lot of five hats.

Lefty and Carter,

I did ask the seller about "lot of five." The response was that the auction was for just the hat shown in the picture. Very confusing, if not misleading.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That does seem misleading, though I admit that I didn't read that one closely.

Here's a great, tiny Dobbs straw that went for under $40.
eaf8_1.JPG
f10e_1.JPG

The seller on this Stetson Premier milan couldn't get it through his head that the 3/8 tag was the size - even after listing and re-listing the hat. If not for the crack in the pinch (which I can't see in the photos) I would have been all over this one.
0e00_1.JPG
147d_1.JPG

1289_1.JPG

buler

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Royal Deluxe

How about a Stetson Royal Deluxe St. Regis with a pair of matching gloves. Will share more when I receive it.

B

3308888741_8298bb98d3_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran