Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Fedora Jay said:
My appologies if there was a member who was after this one too, but I sniped it at the last second. It'll be my first vintage fedora, and I'm really excited about it! I'm really looking forward to it's arrival!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180486039225&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Pics will be posted when I get it!

Jay, I lost out with a $97 bid that I'm not sure even registered. But it is great to see you pick up a fantastic hat for a great price - I've had several Knox Twenties, but none this old (if it's early '40s as I suspect). If the size is true and there isn't any moth damage, you did far better on your first vintage hat acquisition than many of us.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
fluteplayer07 said:
It's not a dog, it's not a plane, it's a... [huh] I got nothing. Any clue what to call it?

Too bad it isn't marked Open Road as well. Then we would have a 7X Open Stratowhippet. And thus allowing the new owner join 5 clubs at once! ;)

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Beaver Driving Cap

I lost this one with the highest bid(not up to the increment)
!BpQZBW!CGk~$(KGrHqYOKkYEubZz)qh2BLqlS)Ws6!~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180485576165#ht_500wt_1182

rippy444

Familiar Face
rippy444 said:
The best deals I've had lately on E Bay were two Hobbs Fifth Avenue Panamas. $40.00 for both including shipping. Both were new. I got a Black suit 50r-44-30 just my size shipped for $15.00. I purchased a Borsalino Alessandria light tan for $50.00 shipped. My last purchase was a Hopkins Fur cream fedora I guess. Cost $20.00 shipped.It looks similar to the Borsilino. It looks and fits great. So I got four good hats and a new suit for $125.00. How did I do. The E Bay pickings are slim for me I wear 6 7/8 hat. I wondered why my brain was so small. Thanks--RIP :p :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :p ;) :eusa_

How high is the sky and how long is a piece of string? Two times one half the distance.

Ande1964

Practically Family
Finally- a Real OR

Well, after my griping a few weeks back, I did land a real Open Road tonight. Dates to somewhere in the fifties, I believe. I thought we had seen this Royal Deluxe liner somewhere, but my searches didn't find it for me.

I wasn't sure about the color. I decided, though, since I own a Silver Belly Westlite and a darker Adam Strat clone, this lighter OR might actually fit in nicely. I hope I can handle the cleaning, but I'll send it to Graham if I have to.

I'll have to sell my Twenty-Five to pay for this baby!

Anj

!BpCPYsQBmk~$(KGrHqUH-DEEuOurQR25BLprHtGF9Q~~_12.JPG

!BpCRIGgBmk~$(KGrHqQH-E!EuYz1,UnDBLprM6eZmQ~~_12.JPG

!BpCQefgCGk~$(KGrHqMH-DMEu(GLq)+3BLprLDNgl!~~_12.JPG

Artie

Suspended

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Artie said:
Great hat, personally all I'm concentrating on right now is thirties hat's. Fortunately I'm a size 7 so I get them relatively cheap. I looked at the Ebay ad, did you really pay 30$ for shipping? That seems excessive.
Had them switch from Priority to Fedex for a $13.00 reduction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael