Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

European 30s Styles

Rittmeister

Familiar Face
This may have been the subject of an earlier thread, but I thought I would begin a thread on European 30s styles by posting some scans from two issues of Adam, a French mens fashion magazine recently purchased on Ebay. If they are of interest, I will post more pages, as well as some German tailors designs from the 30s. Does anyone have anything similar from France, Germany, Italy, etc.? Thanks.

Adam001.jpg

Adam002.jpg

Adam004.jpg
Adam005.jpg

Adam006.jpg

Adam007.jpg

benstephens

Practically Family
It is interesting to see the French Fashion plates. The suits are subtly different to their British Counterparts.

Keep them coming, I know the Baron will be very interested, he has a few European tailoring catologues from this period.

Kindest Regards

Ben

Rittmeister

Familiar Face
I am glad everyone is enjoying these. I will scan more as time permits.

Baron, I like your idea. I will let you know when they are ready.

renor27

One of the Regulars
European styles

I love the European styles from the 20's and 30's fits my idea of being in the far reaches of the Empires.
Have a ton of pictures from catalogs that I got from a friend in Paris for the life of me in 4 years of being on the lounge I have never been able to figure out how to post pictures from a Mac.
If some one could walk me though posting I would be very greatfull.
David

benstephens

Practically Family
Something I have noticed before on French suits. The Shoulder construction is very nice, with nice detailing. Similar to those original french suits I had from this period.

Ben

Rittmeister

Familiar Face
I am working on the French scans. In the meantime, here is German tailor design plate - a great one button windowpane suit. I hope the size of the scan is not too big. I will scan more of these also.
Kleidung001.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Rittmeister said:
I am working on the French scans. In the meantime, here is German tailor design plate - a great one button windowpane suit. I hope the size of the scan is not too big. I will scan more of these also.

Scan size is perfect. Thanks for doing these.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Jeez louise ... were they all thin and lanky? What about fashion for us burly, barrel-chested boys? Although I assume fashion ads were similar then as now. Only the thinnest and best looking guys allowed. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran