Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Women of the Golden Era

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
CherryBubbles said:
Great photos, Amy Jeanne! Love the dresses in the first pic above (and the sensible oxfords the lady on the left is wearing)! Oh, and I'm always up for a frock with gigantic bow... although, I wouldn't want to lunch while wearing it lol
I have a dress n that is so similar tothe last photo. I really want to make it now.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
8a35773v.jpg

Striking textile mill workers in Georgia hold the line against scabs, 1941. Note the saddle shoes,official footwear of working-class heroines.

(Of course, we know no woman actually stood up for her rights until the sixties.)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
8a35773v.jpg

. Note the saddle shoes,official footwear of working-class heroines.

(Of course, we know no woman actually stood up for her rights until the sixties.)
Next time I go do a picket line, I'll makesure to wear sadle shoes :)

Marla

A-List Customer
4558507859_0262ef3cab.jpg

My grandmother Margaret during the 1940s. She was very stylish and a perfect lady all around. She died from lung cancer in her early 50s.

4559142420_980748a8ed_b.jpg

Margaret during WWII in an army camp. She was likely visiting her soon-to-be husband!

4560989337_d103117556.jpg

My other grandmother (second from left) with her girlfriends in Russia.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Marla, That second photo of Margaret is an absolute stunner. What a gorgeous smile, never mind that figure and that dress...and that hair. She could upstage any movie star!

Miss Jay

New in Town
aylsarose said:
I would love to add some of my family but not sure how to attach the pictures. Any help?

You need to save them to an online photo share place like photobucket or flickr, then use the link that will be provided after you save it (sorry, my words aren't coming out right!). Hope that makes some sense.

:eek:fftopic: I've been to Moose Jaw!!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
LizzieMaine said:
8a35773v.jpg

Striking textile mill workers in Georgia hold the line against scabs, 1941. Note the saddle shoes,official footwear of working-class heroines.

This is fabulous. I LOVE seeing these real-life women in comforatable clothing. I think the socks and oxfords look is my favorite for day-to-day wear.

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
My grandmother Norma's 27th birthday party, October 5, 1949. She was the youngest of seven sisters.

Dupuis1.jpg

From left: Adeline (#4), Sarah (my great-grandmother), Mary (#3, Mary's twin), Eleanor (#2), Norma (#7), Evelyn (#6), Alice (#5) and Doris (#1). I love that everyone except the birthday girl is genuinely smiling. :)

Another picture of my grandmother:

Gram.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21