Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally got a size 48 A2 that fits very well without custom ordering...

LouisBailie

Banned
Good Wear was to tight
Aero had too short of sleeves and to tight
Alexander leather way to tight
Lost Worlds to tight very short
Orchard/Branded very loose, sleeves short
GB real sloppy fit
Avirex never mind
Cockpit way too big
US Wings pass
Schott and Vanson fit nice but not real accurate in details

Finally, Eastman Leather Company WarHorse horsehide Rough Wear that fits nice not too tight, great sleeve length (not too short perfect for 6'1" 16.5 34 shirt size) and my stuff was sewn on with no problems..

(This is why the previous ELC new jacket was damaged by customs, so I could buy NIB used, and saved more than 50% delivered.......:cool:

moto_1087.jpg
moto_1086.jpg
moto_1088.jpg
moto_1089.jpg

walterwhyte

New in Town
Nice jacket .
I would be inclined to say that the position of the squadron patch on the chest looks a bit off , too low and too far to the left .

LouisBailie

Banned
Nice jacket .
I would be inclined to say that the position of the squadron patch on the chest looks a bit off , too low and too far to the left .

It gives that impression with an offset circle inside another circle with the scrolled message, but it is exactly where the quartermaster people told me where to have it put.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
It gives that impression with an offset circle inside another circle with the scrolled message, but it is exactly where the quartermaster people told me where to have it put.

I think the placing looks correct. There's no name tag above, which is why it looks low to some.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So it took you 12 attempts to get a jacket that fit....surely it would have been easier to just custom order from the outset? I'm all for saving money but I'd rather pay full price and get a jacket made for me, not pay less and get a jacket made for someone else that they rejected that fits me ok.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Congrats, Louie. You must like a pretty loose A2, as I wear a sz 16-34 shirt but take about a 42-44 A2... To each his own though, and pretty much no "wrong" fit on an A2. Owner fit preference prevails

LouisBailie

Banned
So it took you 12 attempts to get a jacket that fit....surely it would have been easier to just custom order from the outset? I'm all for saving money but I'd rather pay full price and get a jacket made for me, not pay less and get a jacket made for someone else that they rejected that fits me ok.

I made enough money reselling the jackets (thru a retail 2nd hand reseller) that I did not like the fit, to pay for this entire purchase. It was not a waste of time or money. Plus I learned a great deal about all the different manufacturers leathers and the general construction of their jackets for future purchases.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
The time, the hassle, of ordering all those jackets, sending them on.
Isn't life too short?

Ribdoner

A-List Customer
I made enough money reselling the jackets (thru a retail 2nd hand reseller) that I did not like the fit, to pay for this entire purchase. It was not a waste of time or money. Plus I learned a great deal about all the different manufacturers leathers and the general construction of their jackets for future purchases.

It must fit like a glove if your happy with it, how bout some pics....perhaps some of your THUNDERBAY too.

Mark Ricketts

One of the Regulars
You can always get more money, but when time has gone it is gone for good. As long as the experience is fun it is time well spent. Going through a laundry list of jackets to find only one is not my idea of a good time, but I know I am in the minority here.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Louis, I am of the impression that you are a guy swimming against the current, but whatever floats your boat ... :D

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Maybe you aren't a 48? I mean, you tried all those jackets in a 48 and only one fit you. Perhaps a 46 or a 50? I'm a 40 and have jackets ranging from 38-42.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
^^^^ As do I, certain makes, certain models. Mine range from a size 46 in a Italian Hide Veste De, to a 54 in a Schott. Till you try it on you just never, ever truly know!

Worf

LouisBailie

Banned
The buyer needing the most help getting fitted correctly, being "shown" and "served" different models, with different leathers and then demands to return anything that is not perfect pays full boat retail plus.

The person that trains him/herself to know all or most the differences in materials, models, and designs then has the patience and time, looks for the exact make, model, size, color, material and options does not need to pay for that learning/training/help from each individual retailer.

Rather he/her can and will find much different purchasing avenues (than the retail sale model), thus pay much less...

When I make a purchase I find the items for sale, make a fair offer immediately, have the cash to buy, and do not need or want to return the item.

If I make a mistake and get an item I can not use I will just fully clean, condition, and detail it, repair any minor stuff and then put it back up for sale with full detailed descriptions/disclosure. These items always resell for the amount I paid OR more, from the alternate venue buying public.

As a bonus, I also learn a great deal more detailing these items I have to resell, from the different manufacturers, that goes into my future buys.

LouisBailie

Banned
Maybe you aren't a 48? I mean, you tried all those jackets in a 48 and only one fit you. Perhaps a 46 or a 50? I'm a 40 and have jackets ranging from 38-42.

That might work but many of the jacket companies do not offer larger than size 48. Plus they were all contacted (prior to me buying) and given my exact measurements, for their rec jacket sizing, in their makes and models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran