Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding the Palest Foundation

ManicMagpie

New in Town
Another company that sells "toner" colours is Amphigory.com, both in White and a pale Lavender. For something like $8 per 1oz. bottle? Now you can find the colour that matches and not worry about whether it's light enough! I am very pale but not rosey or beige so finding a true Ivory that's not cheap yellow yet light enough is a task.

I can actually wear a light coat of Amphigory's pure White plain, but I do look quite Gothic (but I match my neck!) Usually I mix whatever foundation I'm currently using up with the toner and get a happy result. So far I haven't used up my first bottle, it's a nice unscented weightless liquid.

Just another option. The Lavender must even out yellowish tones... But I know that some Goths swear by it alone. I believe you can get a sample... They do samples of their other cosmetics! I have just tried one of their lipsticks ("Lush") and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a bit darker than I anticipated but a very pigmented nice consistency.

Anyway... Enough manic babbling!! Good luck with the ever-ongoing search for the perfect cosmetics! Hope I can help someone.

--Juliana

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Yes- actually. I sold all the illamasqua stuff as the texture of all the products justwould not work- very heavy, far too much pigment, cakey looking, settled into pores, almost like a kaolin mask.- made me look a horror. Went back to MAC.

I got a small round bullet shaped blush/ shading brush (disc. MAC brush at CCO) and use it to buff my mixed up customised foundtaion into my skin and it is so lovely.

Nicest pink toned foundation I have found is MAC full cover in W10 (I mix with NC15 for a touch of yellow- but i wish my skin was the colour of the W10 foundation- so pretty) I buff that in with a flat top duofibre brush when i need the extra cover.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Yes- actually. I sold all the illamasqua stuff as the texture of all the products justwould not work- very heavy, far too much pigment, cakey looking, settled into pores, almost like a kaolin mask.- made me look a horror. Went back to MAC.

Lots of people find the liquid foundaion by Illamasqua hard to work with. If anyone finds that, I recommend their cream foundation. It's wonderful and easy to work with.

Juliet

A-List Customer
I don't usually use foundation, but even finding a light enough concealer was an epic battle for me. Right now I use Bourjois' Brush Concealer. I couldn't find a shade name on the tube, but there were only two shades in the store and I picked the lightest. If I'll buy foundation, I think it'll be from ARTDECO Cosmetics, since I'm just in love with their Light Reflecting Loose Powder, and they have lots of really light shades, not only the usual warmer tones.

Note to self: don't type before drinking all your coffee

Last edited:

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Hi Scruff

I had the rich liquid, the light liquid and the cream formulas, plus pressed and loose powder. None of it worked for me at all :( The colour match was good so it was quiet a disapointment. The MU artists I know that use them , always mix them with other foundations, never alone.

Juliet. I've hear of Art Deco cosmetics before but I don't know much about them so I did a google search. The website colours all look too dark so i'd have to go to a store- and we don't have that brand here that i've seen :(

I'm still looking for my perfect foundation. I found a Swedish brand called make-upStore which looked lovely......

Last edited:

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Hi Scruff

I had the rich liquid, the light liquid and the cream formulas, plus pressed and loose powder. None of it worked for me at all :( The colour match was good so it was quiet a disapointment. The MU artists I know that use them , always mix them with other foundations, never alone.

Juliet. I've hear of Art Deco cosmetics before but I don't know much about them so I did a google search. The website colours all look too dark so i'd have to go to a store- and we don't have that brand here that i've seen :(

I'm still looking for my perfect foundation. I found a Swedish brand called make-upStore which looked lovely......

Yes I have heard of people mixing them with primers or moisturisers too. It's a shame the cream didn't work for you, I find it quite easy to work with and it has good coverage.
Hope you find your perfect foundation soon!

Juliet

A-List Customer
Tishkaminx

I had a look at the English website and didn't find the powder I've bought at all! And yes, the colours on the website do look darker...
The Mineral Powder Foundation in it's lightest shade (soft ivory) comes somewhat close... It's so inconvenient to have different products in different countries and stores AND websites :(

RainEdayWoman

Familiar Face
I am about as pale as they come. Ben Nye has some great foundations and powders in their Belle Visage line, Lumiere Cosmetics as well as Meow Cosmetics for mineral foundations (they offer sample sizes so you can try several) Also, both Lumiere and Meow have more options for undertones unlike Bare Minerals that is heavy on the yellow. Lumiere has an option to custom blend foundations to suit you.

Last edited:

Lenore

Practically Family
I use either Revlon's Colorstay in Ivory or Cover Girl's Ivory 205, with Meow Cosmetic's Pampered Puss Foundation in Frisky Abyssinian to set it.

Speaking of pale foundation, has anyone ever tried Manic Panic's line? I noticed them this afternoon when I was snooping hair colors...

olive bleu

One Too Many
i bought the organic physicians formula powder in translucent, thinking of myself as pale and it it waaay too pale for me..i look anemic when i wear it..so that's pretty pale. I have barely used any of it. Maybe you should sign up for the travelling beauty box so i can send it to ya :)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I keep about a dozen different foundations in stock and I wear different ones according to my mood, the weather, or how my skin is behaving on any given day. :D As a natural redhead I'm pretty pale with freckles, but not stark white. I have found very light shades by MAC, Laura Mercier and Lancome (I especially like the Dual finish powder makeup). I also have good luck with sheer coverage foundations like mineral makeup or tinted moisturizers, because they blend better even if the shade is a touch dark. For drugstore brands I'd look at L'Oreal. On her Twitter, Dita says she wears L'Oreal True Match in N1.

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Well I finally broke down & joined the True Match club. lol Walgreen's had a sale, plus I had coupons, so I picked up the compact foundation in W1 and the liquid in N1. I was questioning W1, because it actually looked a touch dark in the compact, but I used it this morning and I was shocked when it applied as almost stark white, but blended beautifully. It matches my skin perfectly and applied like a dream. When I use cream, liquid or mousse foundations, I always mist my skin with Mac Fix+ or Julie Hewett rose water, and use a cosmetic sponge dampened with the same product. It went on beautifully and is probably the most perfect foundation match I have ever worn. It has nice light coverage and topped with Coty Airspun, gives a truly flawless look. So far it is wearing very well and I am really floored at what a perfect skintone match it is. I may very well have found my HG foundation.

Last edited:

kittyred

New in Town
i've been looking for a pale foundation for the longest time, most foundations that say they're for pale people/the palest shade still looks orange on me! (which in turn makes my red hair look weird) i recently bought a MAC foundation, 'mineralize spf 15 shade nc15' and it looks excellent! bit pricey for me at £22 but worth it as i know it'll last.

missjones

New in Town
L'Oreal True Match W1 here. i used whatever i could find in 'Soft Ivory' for ages and resisted True Match because the liquid foundation looked so thin... but it works! and the bit that dries and thickens up around the top of the bottle makes a perfect concealer.

Juliet

A-List Customer
Funny, I think my post got lost... Anyway, I use Lush's Jackie Oates Colour Supplement right now. Mix it with moisturiser and it goes on like a dream! Gives a wonderful complexion. It's not so much for covering under-eye circles, but pretty spectacular for everything else.
And you only need a teeny bit at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112