Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Aero: Highwayman or Stuart

alladin

Familiar Face
I have a Stuart in Seal Jerky HH, with A-2 lining, two Highwaymen, one brown FQHH, one black steerhide.

The Stuart is easily the favorite of mine, but the other two see action, as well. The Stuart is the lightest, easily, but also clearly heavier than the A-2 that I have with the same leather and the same lining.

It's hard to say much more, the jackets wear differently, but to me the cut and versatility of the Stuart makes it my favorite jacket.

Hi, would you be able to upload a few pictures of the Stuart in seal jerky HH? Thanks.

jksu

Familiar Face
vote here for the highwayman -- biased since i own one.

agreed the stuart is more interesting/different (not my cup of tea) ...but since you want both and it's your first aero, i'd go with the highwayman. just classic looks that is suitable in lots of situations. i love mine, wear it whenever i can -- evening/social but also to meetings/work. get lots of use with it while you save up for the stuart ;-) just my opinion.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Thank you for the link. The jacket looks great. BTW, how old is the jacket?

This one is less than 3 years, but it has been worn a lot. A bit Like J. Peterman stuff (this is real, though), it really has been slept in, worn in Safaris in Africa, daily at work, in the hustle of NYC, yesterday at a horse show locally (well the horse people don't like that I suppose), I wear it more than any other item I own. Thus the considerable wear the pictures show.

The plus side is that I can also wear it under a long overcoat, waxed one or just a cotton one. Excellent for travel, you ditch either depending on weather conditions, or wear both if it gets nasty. Rather a pain at the airports, but worth it as soon as you need to do something.

too much coffee

Practically Family
This one is less than 3 years, but it has been worn a lot. A bit Like J. Peterman stuff (this is real, though), it really has been slept in, worn in Safaris in Africa, daily at work, in the hustle of NYC, yesterday at a horse show locally (well the horse people don't like that I suppose), I wear it more than any other item I own. Thus the considerable wear the pictures show.

The plus side is that I can also wear it under a long overcoat, waxed one or just a cotton one. Excellent for travel, you ditch either depending on weather conditions, or wear both if it gets nasty. Rather a pain at the airports, but worth it as soon as you need to do something.

And a superb looking Stuart it is Sir!

Keep wearing it in good health and thanks for posting the pictures.

Regards,
coffee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters