Fit check Aero Premier Highwayman

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ErgaOm, Feb 1, 2020.

1. breezer

breezer Practically Family

Then wear the heck out of it because you won't get a better fit

agreed......there's a tendency here to chase.....a style of jacket and / or a particular fit....but that can lead to obsessing over details and worrying about things, that to everyone else, are invisible. I've been there myself. My advice is to compromise......and to accept imperfection.....as long as he jacket feels ok, and that you feel ok in the jacket....... And I can testify - that jacket looks good on you.

ErgaOm likes this.
  2. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

I gotta go with you on this Van. That sleeve length is the precise sleeve length the Marine Corps tailors to. It’s hard to improve on that in my book. I don’t recall Zombie walking too much, maybe Zombie crawling back to base.
    B

3. Fonzie

Fonzie Practically Family

Absolutely perfect. Love the jacket and the fit, I’d keep it 100%.

ErgaOm likes this.
  4. ErgaOm

ErgaOm New in Town

Any thoughts about the zip sleeves vs the standard button cuffs?

5. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I prefer the zip sleeves, but wish they made the gussets from thinner leather or with just a windflap as mine don't zip all the way closed.

6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

I really like this one as is on you. Agreed it could be 1" longer in the sleeves but the Zip Sleeves are worth it 100% in my mind. Nice thick grainy FQHH and brass on black, just enough room for a heavier shirt if you desire it.

If you really want a perspective on sleeve length, go sit in a car with the seat and steering wheel adjusted how you like them. How much do they roll back? You'll have your answer quite quickly there.

AbbaDatDeHat, ErgaOm and El Marro like this.
  7. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I have refrained from comment as the PHWM is a style that, having owned, I find difficult to get along with. Aero could’ve done better with the body of this jacket. I like 75% of the design. From the pits down it’s not nearly what it could be. Boxy design or not.
    The key, and where I failed, is over spec’ing the body length. It should cover your belt in back and go no further. The drop front handles the rest. I think your jacket looks good. Sleeves and body. I wouldn’t chase a rabbit on a custom after this fit. What you add to “a” might risk what you have in “b”. If you like the style. I’d stick.

Mich486, Carlos840, El Marro and 2 others like this.
  8. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

I completely agree with the opinion stated earlier in this thread.

[​IMG]

9. ErgaOm

ErgaOm New in Town

Wait, what? Which one? Opinion that is.

10. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  11. ErgaOm

ErgaOm New in Town

Come on, mate. Let me know what you think instead. Be a pal.

12. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

You asked Aero for an opinion?

13. ErgaOm

ErgaOm New in Town

Yup. I hope to hear back from Denny next week.

14. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

They will tell you the right advice

ErgaOm likes this.
  15. breezer

breezer Practically Family

If you really want a perspective on sleeve length, go sit in a car with the seat and steering wheel adjusted how you like them. How much do they roll back? You'll have your answer quite quickly there.

not sure this tells us anything - when you raise your arms the sleeves will ride up. The natural position, where you arms will be most of the time, is down. Unless of course its a jacket designed specifically for driving, or riding.

Mich486 and Carlos840 like this.
  16. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

Agreed, why would "how a jacket behaves when in a very specific situation like driving" be more important to how it behaves when just standing around?

I mean, i am sure that if he was lying prone trying to shoot a rifle the sleeves would also be too short.
    If he was trying to throw a javelin the pit to pit would probably be too restrictive, that jacket is too small mate...

17. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan A-List Customer

Of course, the sleeve length is an individual thing. As @Carlos840 mentioned in another post, a sleeve that is too long looks like wearing your "father's jacket". The Sleeve lenght in pictured jacket for me is too short and looks like you are wearing your "little brother's jacket".

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

johnnycanuck likes this.
  19. [​IMG]

johnnycanuck and Bfd70 like this.
  20. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

Was this posted as an ideal fit?
    To me this is one size too large, 2" too long in the sleeves and 4" too long in the body...
    I can't imagine he can even handle a pencil with these sleeves, and sitting down with the jacket zipped up must be a lot of fun.

Colin G and ErgaOm like this.