Fit check Aero Premier Highwayman

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ErgaOm, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Me personally sleeves in #59 are exactly where i like them. I couldn’t work all day in a sirt that covers part of my hand. Why would i want a jacket that does.

2. No Carlos...it was my examples of 58panheadfan's two descriptions in his post. Father & little Brother.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Carlos840 likes this.
  3. Here's the perfect fit....:D

[​IMG]

seres and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  4. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

LOL, wrist covered under all circumstances, this man has achieved perfect fit!

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  5. breezer

breezer Practically Family

fine for driving, riding, shooting, HERO12-LEWIS-LEATHERS-5-1132x620.jpg whatevers....

johnnycanuck, Edward, Mil and 2 others like this.
  6. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Shooting-up, maybe....

7. breezer

breezer Practically Family

Shooting-up, maybe....

that too!

8. willyto

willyto Practically Family

The problem with sleeves riding up is not the sleeve lenght but the pattern of the jacket and the armholes in general.

I have 2 Aero, 1 eastman and 1 Himel that ride up like crazy while my Lewis Leathers doesn’t.

Carlos840 likes this.
  9. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Don't change a thing. That's how a Highwayman should look in the real world.

breezer and El Marro like this.
  10. Well...if the sleeves are already short along with a wonky ( Highwayman ) armhole pattern, the riding up problem will certainly stand out. However, never fear, that's how it should be....:p

You'll need these to match....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  11. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

You joke but so many people do that in London it's not even funny!

Edward and 58panheadfan like this.
  12. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

They do it here but wear little slipper-moccasin things with no socks! :eek:

13. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

The sleeve length looks fine, as is. However, I recommend the added inch or so because when the sleeves more than likely crease up, you'll be left with sleeves that really will probably be (and feel) too short. In the long run you may be happier. It's your call. :)

AeroFan_07 and ErgaOm like this.
  14. Edward

Edward Bartender

Well, it *does* keep the muck from the streets off the bottom of yer trews!

I'm not a fan of the full on flood pant look myself, though it's probably a lesser evil than when people wear 'em far too long, as hasbeen popular sicne the nineties. I remember in particular about 2005 before drainpipe jeans made a comeback* there was a vogue for "bootcut" (i.e. flares by any other name) jeans which they would wear too long and tramp on the back until the hem wore through and all of them had a dirty, worn "U" shape at the rear. Hideous.

*The return of drainpipe jeans to the mainstream about five years after I stopped wearing them (after having tacked them down at great hassle, expense, and being unable to find them in blue denim), remains one of the greatest fashion ironies of my life. Twenty-five year old me would be having a field day with the readily avaliable jeans now; as it is, I'm unhappy because they're all too low in the waist, too narrow in the leg...

15. Cyber Lip

Cyber Lip Practically Family

since you already own the jacket, wear it for a year and decide what to do a year from now

ErgaOm and breezer like this.
  16. ErgaOm

ErgaOm New in Town

Problem is I can't return the jacket after a year... I can still return now however.

17. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

So after reading the posts and all the comments, I would encourage you to return this and get the one you really want, made to measure. It may cost a little bit more but will be a much better option in the end.

18. ErgaOm

ErgaOm New in Town

Tried out the Highwayman in a few basic fits. Got word back from Denny. I'll share his comments later. *cliffhanger*

First, let me know what these pics tell you. Cheers and thanks for all your help again!

IMG_20200204_082615.jpg IMG_20200204_082629.jpg IMG_20200204_083004.jpg IMG_20200204_083057.jpg

navetsea, marker2037, Mich486 and 7 others like this.
  19. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man Practically Family

Is that the same "original" jacket ? Just in a "mirror image" reversal. ( chest pocket has switched sides !).

Still looks well close to perfect to me.

ErgaOm likes this.
  20. ErgaOm

ErgaOm New in Town

Thanks!

Yup, same jacket, but different styling. And using a (dirty) mirror. :)

Downunder G Man likes this.