Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ErgaOm

New in Town
Aero Premier Highwayman in black CXL fqhh with zipped sleeves. Brass hardware. Bought from the Aero's sale section in order to mainly use as a "fit jacket".

How would you improve the fit? I am thinking of adding an inch or so to the sleeves and - maybe - pulling in the waist section a bit. I am not sure about the boxy silhouette in the midsection that this sample seem to have.

Comments?

Cheers

Unzipped

IMG_0483.jpg
IMG_0484.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg

Zipped

IMG_0486.jpg
IMG_0487.jpg
IMG_0488.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn't change a thing.
Sleeve length is perfect, i like body length as it is but it could possibly do with 0.5" extra. (The back length is great, front is a bit short, i would not add more than 0.5 as i think 1" extra overall would be too long in the back)
It looks like the bottom straps are completely loose, i would just tighten them a bit more rather than taper the bottom hem.

Honestly, if you got a good deal on that jacket i would just wear it and enjoy it, it is IMO 97% perfect and i would be happy with that fit as it is.
If you wanted to change something i would add 0.5" to body and sleeves, but i don't think paying full price on a new jacket is worth that small change.

ErgaOm

New in Town
I wouldn't change a thing.
Sleeve length is perfect, i like body length as it is but it could possibly do with 0.5" extra. (The back length is great, front is a bit short, i would not add more than 0.5 as i think 1" extra overall would be too long in the back)
It looks like the bottom straps are completely loose, i would just tighten them a bit more rather than taper the bottom hem.

Honestly, if you got a good deal on that jacket i would just wear it and enjoy it, it is IMO 97% perfect and i would be happy with that fit as it is.
If you wanted to change something i would add 0.5" to body and sleeves, but i don't think paying full price on a new jacket is worth that small change.

Thanks for chiming in. So no adding in the sleeves? I am a bit worried about if they will shorten (see my other thread about sleeve length where you already replied). I hear what you say about the front of the jacket. I think it might have something to do with my stance though. I have have a posterior pelvic tilt from doing a lot of running which might have the front of the jacket flare up a bit in the front. Does that make any sense?

lina

Practically Family
Man, that’s a good looking jacket! I really like the brass with black leather. I think I’d probably want the sleeves a bit longer.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for chiming in. So no adding in the sleeves? I am a bit worried about if they will shorten (see my other thread about sleeve length where you already replied). I hear what you say about the front of the jacket. I think it might have something to do with my stance though. I have have a posterior pelvic tilt from doing a lot of running which might have the front of the jacket flare up a bit in the front. Does that make any sense?

I wouldn't add to the sleeves, but i don't like long sleeves that rest on the wrist. Other people (like @HoosierDaddy) are fans of that and want to be able to do the zombie walk whilst having their wrists covered, there is no right or wrong.

To me 1" extra would be too long, so i wouldn't add more than 05."

I get what you say about body, look at the back pictures, you have maybe 1" before the bottom hem touches your back pockets. IMO if your bottom hem touches the back pockets your jacket is too long.
If you add 1" overall the front would be better, but the back would be IMO too long.

Considering Aero have a 0.5 acceptable tolerance i wouldn't pay for a new jacket just for 0.5" in sleeves and body as you might end up with the exact same length as this one.
Is a possible 0.5" extra worth the price to you?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
IMO adding 1" would make the jacket fit more like what you see in this thread from @HoosierDaddy and @Colin G

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-thedi-leather-jacket-photos-here.99138/#post-2640243

Subjectively i find them a little bit too long ( not being critical of what you guys like, just trying to offer visual comparison)
If you prefer that look, then add 1".

I prefer a shorter length more like the jacket you are currently wearing and would keep it that way. I hate sleeves that rest on the wrist and hate jackets that cover my front or back pockets.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Fit pics with an untucked shirt below the jacket hem throw me off. Difficult to judge jacket length. Aero PHWM is a kind of boxy cut, which this jacket reflects. Not a huge fan, but understand folks that like it. Overall a good fit on this one.

Peacoat

Bartender
With your shirt tail untucked, no way to tell how it fits at the belt line. I would add at least one inch to the sleeves, maybe 1 1/2". Having long arms, I am sensitive to sleeve length. The Highwayman is a boxy cut. If that doesn't appeal to you, go with a Sheene. I have both and prefer the Sheene. The brass hardware really looks good with the black shell.

Edit Note: Now that you have posted pics of your shirt tucked in, I like the length of the body.

lina

Practically Family
Looks great! Body length would be just right for me. Sleeve length depends on how they FEEL to you I would say. Lookswise no one is going to notice. And if you're not riding a motorcycle on it, I imagine they will be fine as is.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Aero typically will not be able to match your measurement requests exactly. If you asked for +/- .5 inches at any given point, you may or may not get it. And other dimensions that are right now may be very slightly off. If that jacket feels right to you, I would keep it, as it looks very cool as is.

Colin G

One Too Many
I wouldn't add to the sleeves, but i don't like long sleeves that rest on the wrist. Other people (like @HoosierDaddy) are fans of that and want to be able to do the zombie walk whilst having their wrists covered, there is no right or wrong.

To me 1" extra would be too long, so i wouldn't add more than 05."

I get what you say about body, look at the back pictures, you have maybe 1" before the bottom hem touches your back pockets. IMO if your bottom hem touches the back pockets your jacket is too long.
If you add 1" overall the front would be better, but the back would be IMO too long.

Considering Aero have a 0.5 acceptable tolerance i wouldn't pay for a new jacket just for 0.5" in sleeves and body as you might end up with the exact same length as this one.
Is a possible 0.5" extra worth the price to you?

That jacket was too tight on me in the chest and pit to pit so not a good reference to use it, besides someone assuming how it fits on someone else, by looking at a picture, is not a good reference point. If a tight and uncomfortable fit in the chest is the reference then use it as one I guess.

The only thing I liked about that jacket was the sleeve length since I like my sleeves at the first thumb knuckle (Like in HD's photo) because I move my arms up and around a lot. I dislike it when the cuff moves halfway to the elbow when you lift your arms up. Even then the sleeves pulled up too much on that particular Thedi due to the cut of the jacket. If it had underarm gussets it would have been way better for movement. Again, personal preference.

Also that Thedi shawl collar is almost 2" longer in the front than the back, which personally I did not like. I don't like an overly asymmetrical cut like that and prefer a more straight cut bottom. I can deal with a slight dip in the back or front, but that Thedi was too extreme for me, personally. Another reason other than the tight fit, for selling it.

Different strokes for different folks since if the jacket in question was mine, I'd ad an 1 1/2" on the sleeves since once the leather creases permanently the sleeve will shorten 1/2" - 3/4" making it just right. Nothing is worse to me than when a sleeve cuff pulls up your arm while trying to drive a car or ride a motorcycle. If you just stand still and never move your arms, or have a lot of jackets that don't get properly broken in, then I guess it would work. To me a sleeve length like that looks ok when posing for a photo and not much more. I like my sleeves to be half way between the wrist and and top thumb knuckle.

Fit is purely a personal preference by the owner so whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That jacket was too tight on me in the chest and pit to pit so not a good reference to use it, besides someone assuming how it fits on someone else, by looking at a picture, is not a good reference point. If a tight and uncomfortable fit in the chest is the reference then use it as one I guess. The only thing I liked about that jacket was the sleeve length since I like my sleeves at the first thumb knuckle because I move my arms up and around a lot. The last thing I want is when the cuff moves halfway to the elbow when you lift your arms up. Even then the sleeves pulled up too much. If it had underarm gussets it would have been way better for movement.

Also that Thedi shawl collar is almost 2" longer in the front than the back, which personally I did not like. I don't like an overly asymmetrical cut like that and prefer a more straight cut bottom. I can deal with a slight dip in the back or front, but that Thedi was too extreme. Another reason other than the tight fit, for selling it.

Different strokes for different folks. Fit is purely subjective by the owner.

Sorry, all i was talking about was length, i personally couldn't deal with sleeves that long, but i know a lot of people in the US seem to like it that way.
To me it is a US vs Europe thing, i feel like people in the US like sleeves at the first knuckle of the thumb, and people in the EU prefer them at the wrist bone.
No right or wrong, just a subjective preference like you say.

Colin G

One Too Many
@Carlos840 don't apologize my friend. This is all personal preference and if we all looked the same things would be very boring. I sometimes do yard work and other chores in my jackets and am always moving about so I like a longer sleeve like that. Shorter sleeves don't work on a motorcycle either.

Just don't call me American. Lol.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
@Carlos840 don't apologize my friend. This is all personal preference and if we all looked the same things would be very boring. I sometimes do yard work and other chores in my jackets and am always moving about so I like a longer sleeve like that. Shorter sleeves don't work on a motorcycle either.

Just don't call me American. Lol.

It's interesting, i prefer shorter sleeves for the same reasons you prefer long ones.

To me sleeves that are long enough to reach first thumb knuckle will cover some of the palm and get in the way when i try to get my hand into things or trying to grab things, or doing any sort of work, a sleeve at the wrist bone never gets in the way.

Similarly i prefer short sleeves on the bike as i don't have ape hangers and i wear gauntlet gloves, its easier to fit the gauntlet over the short sleeve than to try to stuff a long stacked sleeve in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk