Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FL mobile site?

dragonaxe

One of the Regulars
does anyone know how to adjust the settings so when i log on using my mobile/cell i get the mobile version of FL? It appeared magically a couple of weeks ago, and was much more successful (my phone keeps dropping wireless connection when browsing the full site) cheers

Pompidou

One Too Many
Mine did the same thing. I didn't even think about it until I read this. What you do is go to settings, general settings, forum skin- and then change the style to lightweight. Unfortunately, your account on your PC will sometimes reflect the changes. There's no reliable way to do have two different site layouts. "Lightweight" is "Fedora Lounge Mobile Edition". "Blackened" is the default we all recognize, if you want it back to the full version. Seems my phone and laptop are effectively split at the moment. So yeah, hope this helps.

Last edited:

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't even log in on the mobile site, I don't like it very much. Somehow, though, when I search TFL I wind up on the normal site. Granted I can't seem to long in from my phone on the normal site either, but still [huh].

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
does anyone know how to adjust the settings so when i log on using my mobile/cell i get the mobile version of FL? It appeared magically a couple of weeks ago, and was much more successful (my phone keeps dropping wireless connection when browsing the full site) cheers

Try going directly to this link: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/forum.php?&styleid=3

Mine did the same thing. I didn't even think about it until I read this. What you do is go to settings, general settings, forum skin- and then change the style to lightweight. Unfortunately, your account on your PC will sometimes reflect the changes. There's no reliable way to do have two different site layouts. "Lightweight" is "Fedora Lounge Mobile Edition". "Blackened" is the default we all recognize, if you want it back to the full version. Seems my phone and laptop are effectively split at the moment. So yeah, hope this helps.

You can also change it via the drop-down box at the bottom left of any page.

I can't even log in on the mobile site, I don't like it very much. Somehow, though, when I search TFL I wind up on the normal site. Granted I can't seem to long in from my phone on the normal site either, but still [huh].

Have you deleted the browser cookies on your phone? That might be the trick.

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
Automatically to the mobile version on my Blackberry, too. Could log in and everything - ah, the wonders of modern technology! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany