Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got snow?

Aaron Hats

Vendor
After last nights latest snow storm this has been the fifth highest level of snowfall in recorded history (about 130 years) here in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Oh yeah...it's snowing again. Anybody need some snow?

Aaron

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Send it here, post haste! And y'all really need to stop with all this snow talk, envy green is not a good color for me.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Ahhhh . . . . beautiful!

Reminds me of my childhood in western New York State. Fond memories. We finally had a decent snowfall in New York, and it immediately got rained away. Grumble.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I've seen barely a flake here, but back home in the U.P. there's been quite a bit of snow since early November. I'm a Yooper out of snow, which is rather more dire than a fish out of water, so I'd love to take some of yours!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Got snow?

No. No snow.

It has been years since we've had snow. When I was a kid, Eastern N.C normally saw measurable snow several times per winter. Often, during winter nor'easters, we would have fairly substantial snows. But the last time that happened was Christmas of 1989. Then, we had a couple of feet of accumulation, as I recall. It was the only white Christmas I've ever seen.

But, now, it snows no more. Not even a flake at my house this year or last---or the year before.

Atticus

TessTrueheart

Spitfire said:
Nothing!!!!! Nothing at all this winter. And Denmark is supposed to be a nordic, Scandinavian country?[huh]

No snow in my part of Sweden either. Yet. Could still happen I suppose...

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
We had a lot in Minnesota in December, at least by recent year's standards, but not much since. Certainly nothing like that. I'm going camping this weekend and I hope to have enough to ski and snowshoe upon.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
We've had a bit up here in Trondheim but never more than around 4 inches in one dump. Snowed today a lot but then the damn temperature went up to 3C and so the whole lot melted and became a soggy mess.

In fact all the people from here say its highly unusual as we should have got a lot more snow and it should have been a lot colder (the coldest we've had has been -10C, most of the time it's been 1 to 4C).

I just wish we'd get half a metre of the stuff!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Aaron Hats said:
All of you with no snow are invited to come and take a shovel full home with you. ;)

IMG_0245.jpg

I'll have snow in my yard until June. :eek:

Aaron
:( I miss snow. I can't believe I'm saying that?!!:eek: :D But my four years in Montana made me like it. I rather enjoyed shoveling the fresh snow. I almost want to come over and shovel your snow right now...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR