Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greatest Generation GRIZZY jacket.

AdeeC

Practically Family
I recently received my new Grizzly made by Steve Sellers under his Greatest Generation label. Steve who posts here as Steve S is a custom car and motorbike builder and jacket enthusiast. He now has transferred his eye and talent for classic style, detail and workmanship to making leather jackets.

I am a big fan of Grizzly's and I currently also own an AERO version. IMO I believe it is a hard design to get right and Steve nailed it. I saw his prototype on VLJ and just had to have one. Steve is a great pleasure to deal with and the experience
was extremely positive. He did a lot of work to downsize his test jacket to my measurements which are around a size 40. He asked numerous questions to double check and ensure every measurements and details were right. The whole process took about 4 weeks from initial inquiry to completion

Overall I am extremely pleased with how the jacket turned out. Steve is very flexible with all sorts of customisation. But I just went with his basic design fine tuned to my specified measurements. I also went for a lightweight lining as it never gets too cold here in Australia. The leather is a medium weight steer hide in dark chocolate brown which seems very willing to develop grain and character and will break in quickly. Zipper is NOS Talon. All I can say about the mouton is that it looks and feels gorgeous.
Even my wife loved it and just wanted to try it on.

Below are some fit pictures and I will add more later.

DSC_2169-Edit.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's amazing mate! Steve has done a great job. It looks gorgeous! What weight/ variety of steer is it? I really dig it. Congrats to you, and a gold star to Steve.

AdeeC

Practically Family
That's amazing mate! Steve has done a great job. It looks gorgeous! What weight/ variety of steer is it? I really dig it. Congrats to you, and a gold star to Steve.
Thanks Bunyip. Not sure about that but it is a much lighter jacket compared to the AERO. I wore it yesterday in quite sunny dry breezy and about 18c weather without too much bother. Good for our climate. Steve might be able to answer about the leather specs.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Bunyip. Not sure about that but it is a much lighter jacket compared to the AERO. I wore it yesterday in quite sunny dry breezy and about 18c weather without too much bother. Good for our climate. Steve might be able to answer about the leather specs.
Well, it's rained heavily every day this week in Canberra...the only thing that concerns me about this style and the shearling flight jackets is getting caught in the rain. I think it would be like wearing a wet dog around. Having said, the grizzly,B6 and ANJ-4 are amongst my favourite designs.

AdeeC

Practically Family
Well, it's rained heavily every day this week in Canberra...the only thing that concerns me about this style and the shearling flight jackets is getting caught in the rain. I think it would be like wearing a wet dog around. Having said, the grizzly,B6 and ANJ-4 are amongst my favourite designs.

Yes that could be an issue in wetter climates. Here in Melbourne it tends to be quite dry and the heavy rain usually comes in overnight. So not a deal breaker in that respect.

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the kind words! Paul, you were a pleasure to deal with & hope to do more for you in the future!

As to that hide, it is a 2-2.5oz steerhide. These were a couple hides my supplier sent me to try out as I requested a slightly smoother hide than i normally use. I'm very picky about different textures/colors etc. blending & was afraid that a "grainier" hide out of the box would end up detracting from the fur on the mouton inserts & just look too "busy". I think the match worked out well & noticed that the hide softened up considerably during the construction process.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words! Paul, you were a pleasure to deal with & hope to do more for you in the future!

As to that hide, it is a 2-2.5oz steerhide. These were a couple hides my supplier sent me to try out as I requested a slightly smoother hide than i normally use. I'm very picky about different textures/colors etc. blending & was afraid that a "grainier" hide out of the box would end up detracting from the fur on the mouton inserts & just look too "busy". I think the match worked out well & noticed that the hide softened up considerably during the construction process.

That's very nice! Do you have a website?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran