Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guerra "Treviso" - Any Experience with them?

Tone

A-List Customer
The Guerra Treviso looks like a very nicely balanced dress fedora in relation to crown and brim. Understandably, it's a dress fedora, italian made, and probably not the most ideal for "rain", etc. The open-crowned model looks full of promise for a modest crown, sharp style fedora with enough brim for subtle flair, too.

Does anyone currently own a Treviso? Have any pics of it on? Any recent experience or information regarding this model? Thank you.

Guerra Treviso

I have a brown one from Miller hats. I think it is fine hat for a modern production hat. It might have a bit more taper than a open crown Akubra Fed IV or Stetson Nolstlagai but I prefer the felt finish. My favorite Guerra is the Classic Alpen Velour (super felt) but it is not available here in the United States.

3904275700_3b5d537877_b.jpg

3904275782_950f813d2c_b.jpg

3904275836_bf81428cb6_b.jpg

3904275876_6855b26855_b.jpg

club30s

New in Town
In addition to Miller hats you may want to check "Worth and Worth" hats. I think their offerings are from Guerra

http://www.hatshop.com/site/listFeltHats.php

They have Treviso also but at $225. I have used many RTW hats from worth and worth in the past and they are certainly one of the better Reday To Wear hats today.

club30s

New in Town
cookie said:
The Treviso is made by Cervo methinks...

yeah they had their hats made by Cervo for a while but I called them in July 09' and their manager/owner said they were using Guerra now. So unless Guerra is further contracting to Cervo, which can happen, it would be rather unlikely.

kabuto said:
I'm not one of those fanatics who insists on perfect invisible pickstitching for the ribbon, but the stitches on the hat in mayserwegener's post are really too prominent even for me. And they seem to be in a completely different color thread than the ribbon. Perhaps a trick of lighting?

There is some lighting involved but they are noticeable at close-up. I am also not a fan of their synthetic sweatbands but as I mentioned the felt is nice.

I have a few Guerra hats. I find the "Classic Velour" model to be the nicest one. The velour finish is great.

3055893327_f8c42ec3f5_b.jpg

Tone

A-List Customer
Thanks for confirming with some pics, Mayserwegener.
It's good to see Worth&Worth sells them, too; though Miller's pricing on a Treviso is preferrable - originally where I was referencing the Treviso for the question. Great-looking hat. Not sure I'd go above $165 for one, however. (Not that I find many fedoras truly worth buying within that range in the first place.)

1192.jpg

Really nice "on-the-table" pics showing the crease you selected (thank you); but does anyone also have any shots showing the Treviso being worn?

I'm guessing it has some great character and class without drawing too much focus on itself at the same time. Another of the ideal out-and-about fedoras that fuses well into modern-day society. :)

Thanks for the interpretations of the hat, all; and especially to those who've actually had or have one. Please keep them coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff