Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Resolutions, 2013

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I just want to enjoy wearing one or other of my hats each day in 2013.

I'm sure I'll buy a few and sell a few, but the pleasure for me these days is wearing them and being the coolest guy around town :)

Have a great New Year everyone!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I'm not selling any hats...............been there and done that. Everything in my stable is a keeper now. Waiting on my Fedora Lounge Special Edition Camp Draft to arrive. My resolution is that I will continue to search for that "special" hat here and Ebay until it pops up for a great price! I've acquired some really special vintage hats from members here and on Ebay so that should not be a hard resolution to keep.

Actuallly, my real resolution is to acquire a beautiful Whippet in either unshrunk 7 1/2 or 7 5/8. Can anybody help me out there?

oh yeah....and to continue smoking good cigars!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Buy less, sell more, wear about the same....I don't really believe in resolutions for New Year but believe I can keep this last part....

HI

I find it helpful to start out making resolutions that are easy to finish. I resolved to not eat at McDonald's in 2008, and I didn't eat at a McDonald's until mid 2009. Note that I HATE MCDONALD'S anyway. The only reason I DID go to McDonald's was because of the McRibs. Make a resolution to buy a new hat at least every six months.

:D

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
I resolve to...uhhh...increase the...uhhh...what's the word...(quantity)...quality of my hat collection and expand the...uhhh...(quantity)...storage and display of my beloved hats, and...uhhh...(quantity, quantity)...and something else regarding my hats. I just can't remember what the last thing is.

tealseal

A-List Customer
I resolve to sell off my straw and my black stingy, give a warm welcome to my special edition Campdraft by giving it a beautiful crease, and wear my homburg more.
I'd say that I resolve to not buy hats this year, but we all know that's a lie!

Well bugger, I just ordered another hat. But since it's not 1/1/13, I'm not yet violating any resolutions, right? RIGHT? Help me justify, my dear Lounge Enablers!

Rogera

Excellent resolution! But once you do, you'll resolve to get another, and another, and then maybe one with a bound brim, and then...... :D

I have to sort through all the above options to pick my next, but I know my next won't be my last.

Soooooo true. I keep telling my wife "this will be my last one." So why do I keep looking at ebay and vintage clothing stores??? hmmmmmmm

Soooooo true. I keep telling my wife "this will be my last one." So why do I keep looking at ebay and vintage clothing stores??? hmmmmmmm
First suggestion, give vague statements = I'll only get my Holy Grail hat if I can ever find one...never let her know another hat waits to be next on the list...
Second, get some gun or knife mags so hats seem tamer...

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
My hat resolution is to be happy with what I have for the time being. Got a little girl on the way and two custom hats on the way as well. Those customs may be the last high priced hats I get in a while but it is worth it :). On a side note though I vow to never stop looking around town for that hidden treasure that sometimes pops up at the local antique malls.

danofarlington

My resolution is to maximize the wearing of my beaver hats. It is a shame to own a beaver hat and not wear it, as often as possible. I want to put some wear on them so that at the end of the day, they were well used.

nickyd

New in Town
I'm new here and my New Year's resolution is to buy a Homburg. I have two Fedoras and several Tilley hats (Winter / Summer) which I wear often.
I would like advice about purchasing a Homburg of good quality (fur?) in the UK or Europe or perhaps from the US.
All help is appreciated.
Nick.

1961MJS

Hi Tom

I have a couple of these on top of the refrigerator:

http://www.pier1.com/Recycled-Glass-Head/2188209,default,pd.html

Glass_Guy_With_Seattle_hat_zps35ff1a60.jpg

I need some regular hat stands too, the heads look cool, but two is enough. I'll post some pictures soon, but Mom's using my call, hers died.

Later

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21