Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HatsDirect and Google Maps Street View

TheShadowKnows

New in Town
Not sure if anyone is aware, but for HatsDirect / Akubra fans, it's pretty cool to see where your order is being sent from. Go to Google Maps and type in the HatsDirect address in Katoomba, Australia, then look for the Street View.
Australia looks beautiful...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Actually, the Street View is that of a location which is a couple blocks down the road from Hats Direct; not an uncommon occurrence with Google Maps. That said, if you click on the 'Hatters Cafe' link on the left you will be directed to a restaurant which shares the address with and is likely an affiliate of Hats Direct.

t

Jabos

A-List Customer
It looks like Hats Direct is actually "The Hattery" next door to the left (direction?) of the Hatter's Cafe. I think the top view looks like there is a smaller storefront but a bigger portion of the business connected behind the narrow storefront area. Very cool. I can't get over how cool those Google photos are. Thanks for the information.

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
"The Hattery" is what's always written on the hat boxes that the Hatsdirect's orders come in, so it is definitely the building next to the Hatter's Cafe. A lot smaller shop than I expected, but I guess there's a lot of room behind the scenes there.

TheShadowKnows

New in Town
Yup, it's The Hattery next door to the cafe. If you look closely, you can see part of an Akubra logo in the upper left corner of the left window. It's partially obscured by another sign, but definitely an Akubra logo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt